- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Electronics, Robotics and Machine Learning
- Singapore - Singapore
We are looking to grow our team of principle engineers within the Dyson Robotics Group. This team of experts apply their technical knowledge and experience to provide both strategic and tactical guidance. An ability to balance the need to remain at the cutting edge of technical advances with the need to deploy high quality, robust, reliable products to market in a timely manner is a key element of a principals role. We expect our principals to retain their implementation knowledge by remaining hands-on so this is a role which is tightly integrated into the development teams. Ensuring we nurture our incredible young talent base is also a significant factor in Dysons success and as a principal we would expect you to sets high standards and support the development of engineers within the team.
- Ensure group knowledge is always at the cutting edge of the robotics and artificial intelligence domains.
- Ensure our systems are designed to be robust, reliable and can be deployed with confidence to our global customers.
- Assess technology risk and provide concise feedback as to how new technologies could be utilised and integrated.
- Assist in the creation of challenging, ambitious but realistic product development plans.
- Work with upstream research teams to retain visibility of upcoming technologies and ensure a smooth integration into robotic products.
- Work with upstream product concept teams to ensure alignment with robotic product roadmaps and seamless transition from concept into development.
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines beyond core robotics that contribute to the creation of robotic products.
- Independently technically lead engineering teams to drive the creation and delivery of solutions to robotic challenges.
- Technically support and mentor engineers within the robotics group.
Participate in the creation of Dyson
robotics strategies (Products, technologies and platforms).
Champion new functionality from idea
generation though to final product delivery Provide technical leadership to the
- Ability to generate novel and robust algorithms and solutions.
Ability to assess technical risk.
Strong mathematical modelling and analytical skills in MATLAB, Octave or similar.
PhD (or equivalent industrial experience) in Electronics, Robotics, Computer Science or relevant engineering or scientific discipline.
Experience in one or more of the following domains: Localisation, image processing, object detection/recognition, artificial intelligence or machine learning.
Strong C++ (preferably version 11) and Python experience.
Understanding of systems design and integration.
Experience of a Linux development environment.
Experience using open-source libraries.
Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams and technically support development.
Self-motivated and able to work independently to deliver results within agreed timeframes.
Ability to utilise teams of technical experts to achieve challenging goals. Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.
Great team player with proven technical leadership capabilities