- Information Technology
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson’s multidisciplinary Energy Storage development team is responsible for delivering cells from early prototypes in the UK, through to volume manufacturing in a Singapore plant. The cells that the team delivers will push the boundaries of performance, power density, and efficiency. These cells will drive new high value Dyson products.
Dyson Global IT is seeking a Principal Solution Architect who will be accountable for the direction, standards, performance, and ongoing health of the architecture for the Energy Storage project. The Solution Architect will work closely with teams across all business functions to create and manage application and capability roadmaps, create, and maintain blueprints for architecture, conduct feasibility studies, and define technology standards.
Experience in leading Industry 4.0 implementation, project management and transformation efforts including but not limited to system architecture, analytics, and process automation are desired. Strong experience in IOT, data analytics and Industry 4.0 initiatives are mandatory.
The Principal Solution Architect must understand how to effectively bridge the business and operations world with technology teams and ensuring that our technology choices and investments are targeted correctly and deliver to their promises. Solid architecture experience in a manufacturing, aerospace, automotive or similar advanced engineering industry context is essential for this role.
- Be the principal Solution Architect for Energy Storage to ensure that the architecture of the project meets the needs of the business.
- Create and manage application and capability roadmaps, create and maintain blueprints for application architecture, conduct feasibility studies, and define technology standards.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency, automate processes, and reduce friction in the business.
- Shape the future application architecture roadmaps taking account of business strategy, new and emerging technologies, and opportunities to simplify the technology landscape.
- Work closely with other IT teams to ensure that the architecture is delivered to our internal customers.
- Socialize and evangelize the project’s architecture to the wider IT community and into the rest of the business.
- Contribute to definition, operation and support of company-wide architecture governance, help grow and maintain our library of architecture assets.
- Degree in a computing related subject or discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an architecture role.
- Proven experience working with engineering and supply chain in the manufacturing industry such as aerospace, automotive or similar advanced engineering industry.
- Possesses broad engineering competency and domain knowledge in digitalization and automation. Coupled with strong engineering mindset to drive innovative ideas and is resourceful in leveraging industry knowhow and solutions to deliver desired outcome.
- Define, plan, and implement high value impact Industry 4.0 initiatives across manufacturing facilities, such as Digital Twin technology, etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define, prioritize, and implement Industry 4.0 use cases with end-to- end responsibilities to identify opportunities, value drivers, technology enablers and levers to deliver to desired outcome.
- Knowledge of manufacturing or industrial sector with a focus on Industry 4.0 with good understanding of digital technologies and processes such as automation, control systems, and manufacturing digitalization software would be an advantage.
- Design and lead in selection of automation solutions including system architecture, control software, robotics, vision (xR – AR, VR, MR), IOT/OT networks, AL/ML and data analytics.
- Possesses design thinking mindset and approach to ensure all user requirements (including hidden requirements) to be captured, documented, and implemented accordingly for the success of the project.
- Implement cyber physical production systems and machine to machine communication utilizing SCADA, MES, PLC, OPC-UA, MQTT, and / or any other communication protocols.
- Exposure and understanding to one or more Shop floor Integration technologies such as Ignition, High Byte etc, Unified Namespace (UNS) Design Approach
- Define and design manufacturing plant control tower to monitor, control and manage (remote) manufacturing sites activities – including data visualization to enable effective communication of data trends.
- Possesses process innovation skillset to enable ease of system access including mobile connectivity, interactions, and transactions.
- Define manufacturing systems and maintenance requirements including predictive maintenance.
- Experienced with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS or Azure.
- Experience influencing and leading senior business stakeholders.
- Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of business leaders using exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Possesses excellent understanding and articulation skills for common architecture patterns, benefits and shortcomings.
- Demonstrable experience of conceptualising, planning, and leading implementation / adoption of technologies.
- Operate and communicate in business, operations, and technical domains.
- Possess strong sense of ownership and pioneering.
- Display empathy, curiosity, and a desire to constantly improve.
- Continue to acquire new skills and drive for results.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.