- Information Technology
- Poland - Krakow Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT is growing. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
The Corporate Functions Team is responsible for:
- Drive continual improvement into the Corporate Functions space in line with Dyson’s growth
- Works with the Functions Senior Leadership to align a multi-year IT roadmap to help support and realise the Functions strategy/objectives
- Provides visibility/reporting to the Function on IT performance and works with the Function to drive continual service improvement
- Deliver a roadmap for all Corporate Functions to drive transformation required to support Dyson’s blueprint
- Single point of contact for the Business Function into IT ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues
About the Role
The Solution Architect will have responsibility for the design of IT applications, integrations and services within the Legal, Communications and Information Management domain. Having a balanced mix of technical and business skills this role will ensure that solutions are developed appropriately - aligned to both the local business requirements and the global architectural pattern standards.
In addition to technology components, solution architecture encompasses changes to service, process, organisation, and operating models. The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) and those existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
Reporting to the Head of IT, you will be responsible for the architectural ownership of all Microsoft security solutions within the programme space. Working alongside Dyson Principal Architects you will define the architecture & solutions to support Information protection in line with the needs of the Dyson business units & end users while aligning with the strategic roadmap of the Group Security, Insider Risk and End User Compute Teams.
You will also be responsible for the architectural ownership and roadmap of any other solutions within the remit of Legal, Group Security, Sustainability, Communications, Health Safety and Environments.
You will be responsible for both strategic and technical areas.
- Owning and delivering against a Microsoft solutions roadmap
- Owning and delivering against Legal solutions roadmaps (this includes Legal, Health & Safety, Information security and Sustainability)
- Reviewing technical designs and recommendations from Microsoft and other third parties
- Creating technical designs and providing architectural solutions
- Supporting the EUC Architects to ensure that Dyson’s Microsoft solutions offering remains fit for purpose
- Supporting Dyson’s Business Partners in ensuring solutions deliver in line with service expectations
- Delivering Microsoft technology showcases to Dyson
- Assisting with the preparation of business cases
- Participation in Dyson’s technical design authority (TDA)
- Participation in Dyson’s Architecture Review Board (ARB)
- Working with Business Partners and the Information Management team to develop and deliver short, medium and long-term roadmaps for that will generate a significant, positive impact on profitability and strategic direction, through improved stability, capacity management, quality and cost effectiveness
- Ownership of Capability mapping
- Stay abreast of trends in Microsoft, Legal and Communications technologies
- Ensure that all solution designs are created within the bounds of Dyson’s policies and any global legislative compliance e.g. GDPR, PCI, local laws etc
- Working with Project teams to effectively manage global Microsoft solution related risks and issues
- Good understanding of the importance of Information Management policies including Information Classification, Access Management, Data Loss Prevention and Record Retention etc.
- M365 Purview; Information protection, Data loss prevention, Records management
- Developed technical understanding of MS Defender for Endpoint and all its possible Enterprise level applications
- Developed technical understanding of MS Defender for Cloud Apps and all its possible Enterprise level applications
- Azure information protection scanner
- Conditional Access
- Ability to develop rules and policies within the MS protection capability
- Ability to understand, capture and translate business requirements into technical requirements to fulfil business needs.
- Produce all technical documentation including all high and low level designs
- Build, test and run Proof of Concepts for all technical deliveries to gain business support of deliverables. SaaS integration technologies
You must possess strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key business stakeholders up to director level. You must demonstrate strong leadership qualities and be-able to manage teams across the globe.
- Strong Architecture experience of Microsoft and Azure Security capabilities
- Strong experience in other Information protection, security, and Legal capabilities
- Excellent knowledge of the best available tools, software, applications, and systems related to Microsoft technologies
- Proven background in supporting user mobility and agile working environments
- Strong organization/planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and strong delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing workloads of various size and complexity
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and director level management, including presenting information in a concise and effective manner to management, and various departments using assorted communication methods
- Strong research skills
- A professional who can provide examples of transforming Microsoft security solutioning services within a global company
- A natural problem solver
- Ability to set and effectively communicate end user computing strategies, roadmaps, policies and processes
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred or equivalent role experience.
- MS Security Protocols experience
- Certified to SC-400: Microsoft Information Protection Administrator and;
- SC-900: Security, Compliance, and Identify Fundamentals
- Knowledge of ISO27001 information Security Standards
- TOGAF certification
- Performance related bonus
- Life Assurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Pension scheme with competitive employer contributions
- Recognition Program
- Holiday Allowance
- Free fruit delivered for office staff, free coffee and tea
- Cafeteria Benefit – wellness programme, cinema tickets, Multisport card etc.
- Possibility of working from home
- Medical: Employee cover + opportunity to buy additional cover for family
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.