- Information Technology
- Poland - Krakow Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. In the same way that Dyson engineers’ better technology to solve problems others ignore, Global IT transforms the way Dyson does business through world class and pioneering IT services and systems.
Dyson’s IT Corporate Functions team exists to ‘wow’ and ‘delight’ our business stakeholders in partnering with them to define and delivery an IT Technology Roadmap to support the business functions strategy and objectives. Dyson’s IT Corporate Functions team partners globally with the following areas of the Dyson business:
- Dyson Business Services (Global business services)
- Group Security
- Sustainability governance and compliance
- Weybourne (Dyson’s family office)
The IT Corporate Functions Team has global responsibility for the end to end business relationships and technical product management across the above functions from ideation, roadmap definition, business case creation and delivery execution through to enhancements, operations and in time product replacement/retirement. We work with our business stakeholders to leverage bleeding edge technologies and strategic partnerships in order to transform the way they work and the outcomes they deliver to the wider business – working smarter, automating, DEVSECOPS, upskilling etc.
Dyson’s Corporate Functions roadmaps are exciting and aggressive. Come and join a global, fast paced team to drive a real step change in our Corporate Functions digital journey at Dyson.
About the Role
Reporting to the IT Director for Finance and HR you will be accountable for leading and supporting activities that guide the end-to-end solution design and development of the Global Finance technology portfolio. Solutions include applications such as SAP4HANA, Ariba, Fiori, VIM, SAC, OpenText, SAP BW, OneStream and enterprise integration solutions.
- Providing end to end solution accountability across all capabilities in the Finance solution landscape ensuring strong architecture design, delivery and implementation into the production environment whilst complying to standards and policies.
- Defining a multi year architecture roadmap for the Finance solution landscape driving for simplification, standardisation and using modern integration principles.
- Create high and low level designs to support the technology delivery roadmap
- Support the solution build and implementation process to ensure alignment back to the core designs
- Support in any solution evaluations/RFP processes
- Assess and quantify the risks associated with design decisions
- Maintain alignment with Dyson enterprise principles, architectural standards/governance and best practice
- Stay abreast of technology trends including management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures and other external changes
- Actively participate in an architectural community (e.g., Architecture Guild) to share good practice and lessons learnt to hone skills and master technical capabilities
- Develop and maintain architecture models, technology strategies and solution roadmaps that articulate and guide application strategy, in alignment with Dyson’s corporate strategy and blueprint.
- Provide guidance to the IT leadership team, senior stakeholders and other colleagues to maximize value of IT architecture.
- Act as a contributing member of programme and project teams - from project inception to completion.
- Provide advice and make decisions about which technologies would be suitable to use for various projects.
- Collaborate with programme and project managers and other staff members to develop budgets and timelines for solutions.
- Establishing and maintaining strong, strategic partnerships with vendors and service suppliers.
- Awareness and guidance of country/region specific legal and mandatory requirements impacting technology deployment or operations.
With experience in a similarly dynamic, international role and complex organisation, you’ll have a proven working knowledge providing solution architecture capability working as part of a global matrix managed team.
- Fluent in English
- ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Strong business acumen.
- Capable of managing expectations throughout the full service delivery cycle and sponsoring successful transformation to enable and drive real business change across multiple geographic domains.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Strong leader.
- Ethical, personal integrity.
- Quick learner.
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Thrives on change.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
- A proven track record of defining and delivering a solution roadmap for Finance systems is essential
- A proven track record of senior level business engagement / stakeholder management is essential
- With regards to the systems landscape experience and ideally certification in the following solutions is essential;
- SAP4HANA BW
- SAP PO
- Experience in the architecture design and delivery of the following finance capabilities:
- Finance reporting and analytics
- Finance planning
- Experience in utilizing an architecture framework and approaches (e.g. TOGAF)
- Solid understanding of software design principles and languages.
- Working knowledge of national/International standards and best practices associated with IT Architecture.
- A strong desire to evolve the architecture and architecture practice at Dyson.
- A strong grounding in general technical architecture to include hosting (On Premise & Cloud), storage and networks.
- Performance related bonus
- Life Assurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Pension scheme with competitive employer contributions
- Recognition Program
- Holiday Allowance
- Free fruit delivered for office staff, free coffee and tea
- Cafeteria Benefit – wellness programme, cinema tickets, Multisport card etc.
- Possibility of working from home
- Medical: Employee cover + opportunity to buy additional cover for family
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.