- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Our aim, as Dyson IT, is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Global IT Strategy, Platforms and Enablement Overview
This team are accountable for delivering the IT strategy that aligns to and forms part of the broader Dyson strategic blueprint. It will take the lead in bringing technology insights to this strategy and mobilising innovative technology centres of excellence to accelerate the delivery of the strategic intents called out in the blueprint.
The team will lead on the optimisation of resource across people, finances and architectural principles to ensure the Dyson IT teams are focused on the right things at the right time and in the right order.
The team lead on enabling and co-ordinating cross pillar activity, at all levels in IT, to ensure consistency of process and outcome is achieved, particularly around service management best practice.
About the role
This is a technology leadership role in a fast-moving business operating at the cutting edge of Information Technology. This individual will work directly with the IT Director Strategy, Platforms and Enablement and IT Head of Strategy, Architecture and Innovation as well as senior leaders and architecture teams across IT to ensure we have a solid understanding of our ‘As-Is’ technology landscape and have the right people, process and technology to design future systems. This role will take the lead on establishing architectural principles and governance that enables efficient decision making and a collaborative environment across Dyson IT. They will play a very active role in supporting the innovation manager and Centres of Excellence..
Enterprise IT strategic Models: Establish and oversee Dyson's approach to the use of technology models in defining the IT strategy, in line with the IT principles and Architecture Framework.
Governance: Design, implementation and facilitation of our cross pillar architectural governance forums that drives efficient, authoritative and expert decision making that aligns to our core principles.
Community: This is a key leadership role that will build a sense of team and collaboration across the architectural community.
Principles: Working with the architectural community to align our Technology design principles to the top level corporate principles that should be consistent across the pillars to drive shared strategic IT outcomes
Innovation: To play a leading role with the innovation manager in supporting and driving innovation across It and the wider business
COEs: Supporting the technical lead design teams in the COEs to ensure their outcomes are aligned with the broader IT strategy.
Technical thought leadership: Through a deep technical understanding of our core technologies such as Cloud, Networking, Security and Automation appropriately challenge designs and solution to ensure our business and underlying technology conforms to industry best practice and standards.
- Person specification / Core Competencies:
- With experience in a similarly dynamic, international role and complex organisation, you’ll have a proven working knowledge of leading an IT team working as part of a global matrix managed team.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Strong technical acumen.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Natural collaborator, open to challenge yet assertive.
- A good leader.
- Ethical, personal integrity.
- Quick learner.
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Thrives on change.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
- 5+ years working within multi-national organisations in an architectural capacity
- 5+ Years of supporting the definition of IT Strategy within a large organisation
- 5+ years within IT management related roles
- Excellent understanding and business domain knowledge in an organisation that is commercially focused and driving for rapid growth and expansion
- 5+ years business interaction throughout Operations functions (Sales, Marketing, RDD, Supply Chain, Group.)
- A consultancy minded individual capable of speaking in business terms whilst visualising and driving common solutions across organisational boundaries.
- A strong & capable individual with experience in the creation of and adherence to corporate policy, process and procedure
- A proven communicator with ability to manage expectations and ensure high quality services are effectively delivered to all areas of the organisation.
- Excellent organisational skills; must be methodical, with attention to detail and an ability to keep track of several tasks at the same time with a strong customer service ethic
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills across all levels of the organisation up to C-level board executives with an ability to adjust the communication style dependant on audience.
- Experience of geographically and culturally diverse teams and locations with an open mind to working within and from a variety of locations
- Relevant architectural qualifications, eg TOGAF, COBIT and knowledge of BizBo
- 27 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.