- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We are growing fast, and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
About the team
Upstream Procurement is a new and exciting function that plays a significant role within the earliest stages of Dyson product development. Our team is a blend of commercial and engineering skills, and we collaborate very closely with our colleagues in NPI, Research and Engineering. Our role is to develop and deploy the procurement and supply chain strategies for innovative technologies that will help define Dyson’s future success.
As part of the Global Supply Chain Team, we lead and drive upstream procurement activity across all product categories for the newest technologies and early supplier engagement. We work collaboratively alongside Research and NPI from the very start of the product development process to ensure we are building robust new supply chains that have optimum cost, quality, and performance outcomes.
About the role
As a member of the team, you will display a strong passion for procurement and the advantages it delivers for the organisation. You will lead upstream procurement management of innovative technologies, actively engaging with our Research and NPI teams to explore innovative ideas and introduce suppliers to generate a competitive advantage for Dyson.
Your responsibility will encompass managing upstream procurement activity throughout the sourcing, delivery, and launch phases, ensuring timely and cost-effective project completion while maintaining quality standards. You will be actively involved in investigating and implementing novel technologies and identifying potential new suppliers.
A significant part of your role will be to lead and manage early supplier involvement, adhering to a robust supply chain due diligence process and ensuring timely supplier qualification. Collaborating with Engineering and Procurement counterparts, you will develop clear cost and technology roadmaps, as well as commodity strategies.
Additionally, you will be responsible for managing key stakeholders and overseeing internal and external communications relevant to your commodity area.
- Manage Upstream Procurement engagement with Research & NPI teams across a range of product categories.
- Lead Upstream Procurement initiatives to source high quality components, which meet all performance, functional and commercial requirements.
- Work within RDD teams to develop and integrate innovative technologies into product category & research projects.
- Drive the creation and deployment of comprehensive supplier strategies including the identification and mitigation of key market risks.
- Be a champion for upstream procurement, always working in a professional and ethical manner.
- Communicate, collaborate and co-ordinate activities with global teams to ensure effective and timely input - these may be external as well as internal teams.
- Conduct the necessary due diligence and qualification of new suppliers.
- Be a passion advocate for procurement and the benefits it can bring to an organisation.
- Degree in commercial or engineering discipline with demonstrable work experience in technology.
- Experience in sourcing and early supplier engagement in electronics, electromechanics, materials or other related commodities.
- Experience in a consumer electronics engineering & design environment, particularly NPI environments is desirable.
- Able to work collaboratively and influence multiple global stakeholders across the different product categories.
- Understands and confidently communicates complex supply chain and engineering problems.
- Possesses a balance of commercial acumen, technical expertise, and effective stakeholder management skills.
- An initiative-taking, driven individual with a passion to effect positive change and help pioneer the next generation of Dyson products.
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail purchases
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- Generous holiday allowance of 27 days (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Access to on-site sports centre, gym, hair salon, and lifestyle assistance
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Option to purchase additional holiday days
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Digital GP services
- On-site physiotherapy and GP services
- Prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.