- Hullavington, United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge –more categories, more locations and more people.
About the roleProcurement Engineering is a new and exciting function that sits at the very heart of Dyson product development. Our team is a blend of commercial and engineering skills and we work very closely with our colleagues in NPI, Research and Engineering. Our role is to support and develop the procurement and supply chain strategies for new technologies that will help define Dyson’s future success.
As part of the Global Operations & Procurement Team, we lead and drive upstream procurement activity across all product categories for the newest technologies and early supplier engagement. We work collaboratively alongside Research and NPI from the very start of the product development process to ensure we are building robust new supply chains that have optimum cost, quality and performance outcomes.
- Manage Procurement Engineering engagement with Research & NPI teams on new technologies, particularly in heaters, across all product categories
- Lead Procurement Engineering initiatives to source high quality parts, or sub-assemblies, that meet all performance, functional and commercial requirements
- Work within RDD teams to create, develop and integrate new heater technologies and heater supplier strategies into product category & research projects
- Apply established methodologies, best practice and good discipline to deliver robust commercial and engineering solutions in an agreed timeframe
- Is a champion for our direct team, the Electro-Mechanical team, working in a professional & ethical manner
- Communicate, collaborate and co-ordinate activities with all relevant teams to ensure effective and timely input - these may be external as well as internal teams
- Carry out the necessary due diligence and qualification of new suppliers
About youYou will demonstrate a clear passion for procurement and the benefits it can bring to an organisation. You will be able to smoothly navigate sometimes complex situations and be comfortable operating at all levels within commercial and engineering driven environments. You will need good commercial acumen, stakeholder management and influencing skills; these will be key for the role. Resilience and the desire to bring about change is also highly desirable.
- Degree in relevant engineering or commercial discipline with demonstrable work experience in these areas
- Proven track record of being able to develop a technically challenging commodity from concept to productionisation
- A good understanding of heaters and thermal management commodities is highly desirable
- Able to work collaboratively and influence multiple stakeholders across the different product categories
- Self-starter with the ability to drive Procurement Engineering activity in an efficient and organised manner
- Experience in an Electro-Mechanical engineering environment would be beneficial
- Demonstration of experience in engineering and product design, through work experience or qualification, and experience in NPI is highly desirable
- Awareness of heater technologies and how they work would be beneficial
- Experience in consumer electronics development is also desirable
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.