- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with exciting new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re continuing to grow and our ambition is huge –more categories, more locations and more innovative technology.
About the role
Procurement Engineering is a new and exciting function that sits at the very heart of Dyson product development. Our team is a blend of commercial and engineering skills and we work very closely with our colleagues in NPI, Research and Engineering. Our role is to support and develop the procurement and supply chain strategies for new technologies that will help define Dyson’s future success.
As part of the Global Operations & Procurement Team, we lead and drive upstream procurement activity across all product categories for the newest technologies and early supplier engagement. We work collaboratively alongside Research and NPI from the very start of the product development process to ensure we are building robust new supply chains that have optimum cost, quality and performance outcomes.
• Manage Procurement Engineering engagement with Research & NPI teams on new technologies across all product categories
• Lead Procurement Engineering initiatives to source high quality parts, or sub-assemblies, that meet all performance, functional and commercial requirements
• Work within RDD teams to create, develop and integrate new technologies and comprehensive supplier strategies into product category & research projects
• Apply established methodologies, best practice and good discipline to deliver robust commercial and engineering solutions in an agreed timeframe
• Champions our direct team, the Electro-Mechanical team, working in a professional & ethical manner
• Communicate, collaborate and co-ordinate activities with all relevant teams to ensure effective and timely input - these may be external as well as internal teams
• Carry out the necessary due diligence and qualification of new suppliers
You will demonstrate a clear passion for new product development and want to balance commercial and engineering thinking to bring the right technology, from the right supplier and at the right price, to market. Comfortable operating in a global team, you will be a leader of your commodity areas, seeking out new suppliers and technologies and then helping to develop these into long term commodity strategies. You will be comfortable in navigating complex discussions with our stakeholder group in both the engineering and commercial sides of the business. Resilience and the desire to bring about change is also highly desirable.
This role is a great opportunity for a career pivot. Perhaps you have a technical background and are looking to deepen your commercial knowledge and get a better understanding of supply chains.
Maybe you are a commercial expert looking to move into a more hands-on role where you can influence requirements to optimise cost, performance or surety of supply.
· Mechanical/electrical engineering degree or commercial discipline with an engineering or NPI background
· Proven track record of being able to develop a technically challenging commodity from concept to production
· An understanding of electrical assemblies and mechanical design, allowing you to scrutinise and influence upstream design decisions in this commodity area.
· Able to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders across the different product categories
· Self-starter with the ability to drive Procurement Engineering activity in an efficient and organised manner
· Experience in a consumer electronics engineering environment would be beneficial, especially those that are cordless/wireless
· Demonstration of experience in engineering and product design, through work experience or qualification, and experience in NPI is highly desirable
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.