- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our engineering approach starts with different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas - unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way. Today we employ more than 5,800 people around the world in software engineering, mechanical engineering and science-related roles.
About the role
Procurement Engineering is a new and exciting function that sits at the very heart of Dyson. Partnering closely with key stakeholders in NPI, Research and Engineering, the Procurement Engineering team support and develop the procurement and supply chain strategies that will help define Dyson’s future success. As part of the Global Operations and Procurement Team, Procurement Engineering lead and drive upstream procurement activity across all categories for new technologies and new supplier engagements. Procurement engineering work collaboratively alongside our Research and NPI Partners through the early stages of the NPI process to ensure we are building robust new supply chains that have optimum cost, quality and performance outcomes.
- Lead procurement engagement with Research and NPI teams to ensure optimal value creation on new technologies and supplier introduction.
- Manage assigned Procurement Engineering activity for new technologies and through the early stage sourcing process ensuring projects are set up to be completed on time, on cost, on quality.
- For assigned projects, drive procurement alignment on optimum supply chain strategy, supporting investigation and implementation of the appropriate Dyson operating model for product development and manufacturing.
- Effectively collaborate with cross functional project teams (NPI, Research, NPD, Operations, Quality, Finance, Manufacturing, Procurement, Commercial), driving robust and transparent decision-making, in support of Dyson’s product development process.
- Develop and lead engagement plan for external development & manufacturing partnerships where required, ensuring project outcomes are met, and maximum value for Dyson is derived from the relationships.
- Demonstrable history of procurement success in new technology introduction, sourcing & supply chain in a fast-paced engineering environment
- An experienced procurement professional with strong project management skills, and a strategic outlook
- A highly credible individual with the ability to influence and manage key stakeholders. A
- A self-starter with the ability to drive procurement project activity in an efficient and organised manner
- Resilient, collaborative, creative, attuned this individual demonstrates a clear passion for early procurement involvement and the benefits it can bring to a business
- Experience in working with internal and external senior level stakeholders and in managing strategic relationships highly desirable
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.