- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Procurement Engineering Manager – CMF (Colour, Material & Finish)
United Kingdom, Hullavington
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge –more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role
Procurement Engineering is an exciting function that sits at the very heart of Dyson. Partnering closely with key stakeholders in NPI (New Product Innovation) Research and Engineering, the Procurement Engineering team support and develop the procurement and supply chain strategies that will help define Dyson’s future success. As part of the Global Manufacturing and Procurement Team, Procurement Engineering lead and drive upstream procurement activity across all categories for new technologies and new supplier engagements. Procurement engineering work collaboratively alongside our Research and NPI Partners through the early stages of the NPI process to ensure we are building robust new supply chains that have optimum cost, quality and performance outcomes.
- Collaborate closely with the Design, CMF, and New Product Innovation and New Product Development engineering teams to understand the range of requirements for Colour, Material and Finish on Dyson’s new projects.
- Become a trusted advisor and key internal reference point for the CMF capabilities of Dyson’s existing supply base and look to supplement our existing AVL with new capabilities from class leading suppliers.
- Drive a focus on developing sustainable supplier solutions for CMF requirements and incorporating sustainability as part of the decision criteria for balanced technology and supplier selection.
- Take direct ownership of sourcing a range of components, leading Dyson’s supply chain strategy development at an early stage in the development process and working in a collaborative manner with cross functional teams. Support colleagues in the procurement team where CMF requirements are part of their component sourcing activity.
- Drive assessments of suppliers in the marketplace, conducting due diligence, qualifying supplier manufacturing sites and negotiating the best possible value propositions for Dyson, whilst reducing risk by fostering competitive and multi-source scenarios.
- Responsible for driving cost avoidance activity using a range of commercial and technical approaches in an autonomous manner, recommending alternative technologies and the optimal processes to achieve the CMF aspirations for our products
- Resilient, collaborative, creative and attuned, this individual demonstrates a clear passion for Procurement and the benefits it can bring to a business
- Strong commercial acumen with a demonstrable history of procurement success, strategic sourcing experience and project management capability
- Experience in developing strong working relationships to influence internal and external stakeholders, and in managing strategic relationships desirable
- Comfortable working autonomously with the ability to scope out and drive procurement activity in an efficient and organised manner
- You are at ease communicating effectually on a one-on-one basis as well as with medium to large sized groups, demonstrating flexibility and tailoring presentations to the target audiences
- Experience working in a product design or fashion environment would be highly desirable
- Experience working in the sourcing of visual coatings, finishes or textiles would be an advantage
- Performance related bonus.
- Company paid Life Insurance.
- Discounts on Dyson machines.
- On-site gym and sport centre at the Malmesbury campus
- Competitive pension scheme.
- Flexible benefits program with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the option to purchase additional holiday days.
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays.
- Free bus travel to and from the Hullavington campus from Bristol, Chippenham, and Swindon.
- Extensive free on-site parking.
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch.
- Private Medical insurance for all employees.
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and dependents.
- Digital GP and prescription service.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.