- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
About the role
Procurement Engineering is a new and exciting function that sits at the very heart of Dyson. Partnering closely with key stakeholders in NPI (New Product Innovation) Research and Engineering, the Procurement Engineering team support and develop the procurement and supply chain strategies that will help define Dyson’s future success. As part of the Global Manufacturing and Procurement Team, Procurement Engineering lead and drive upstream procurement activity across all categories for new technologies and new supplier engagements. Procurement engineering work collaboratively alongside our Research and NPI Partners through the early stages of the NPI process to ensure we are building robust new supply chains that have optimum cost, quality and performance outcomes.
- Partner closely with NPI & Research in the Environmental Care (EC) category to deliver early supplier engagement, driving optimum selection of supplier technology for cost and performance at an early stage in the development process
- Attend research projects in the EC category area to anticipate upcoming requirements and qualify suppliers to ensure they are ready to support Dyson’s production projects
- For the assigned upstream projects, lead procurement alignment on supplier strategy, liaising with the procurement engineering commodity owners to incorporate feedback from the electromechanical, materials & electronics groups within PE
- Responsible for driving cost avoidance activity using a range of commercial and technical approaches in an autonomous manner
- Contribute to effective collaboration with cross functional project teams at an early stage (NPI, Research, NPD, Operations, Quality, Finance, Manufacturing, Procurement, Commercial), driving robust and transparent decision-making, in support of Dyson’s product development process
- A technically credible individual with the ability to influence and interface between engineering teams and procurement engineering commodity owners
- Demonstrable history of procurement success, strategic sourcing experience and project management capability
- Self-starter with the ability to drive procurement activity in an efficient and organised manner
- Resilient, collaborative, creative and attuned, this individual demonstrates a clear passion for Procurement and the benefits it can bring to a business
- Experience in working with internal and external Senior Level stakeholders, and in managing strategic relationships highly desirable
- You are comfortable communicating well on a one-on-one basis as well as with medium to large sized groups, demonstrating flexibility and tailoring presentation to target audience
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits programme with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Hullavington campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.