- United Kingdom - England Remote
On a global basis, direct and lead strategy, planning and execution of allocated procurement sub-categories to deliver competitive advantage for Dyson through cost savings, lifecycle value generation, demand management and innovation. The role will support the Head of Procurement in creation of the logistics category strategy, owning all elements within their respective sub-categories. With specific category knowledge, this will be achieved through the creation and continual review of robust and forward-looking plans that use the full range of supply and demand-side levers including the execution of these plans and the achievement of savings. The role will develop influential relationships across markets and business units including ownership of both the procurement and PSL compliance.
About the role
- The Category Manager will also be responsible for supporting the creation of the overall category strategy, the creation of sub-category strategies and plans to achieve or exceed agreed savings targets for the category.
- Lead strategic sourcing projects involving 3rd Party Logistics Providers across Road, Air and Ocean Freight, Courier, Warehousing Refurbishment and Repairs.
- Driving business outcomes and behaviours with subject matter expertise to deliver value through the category planning lifecycle.
- Constantly monitoring the supplier market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g. entry or exit of suppliers, changes in pricing, risk on category).
- Seeking alternatives to current category specifications and demand parameters.
- Continually monitoring compliance across the indirect spend and driving corrective action as necessary.
- Drive strategic supplier relationships forward across key 3rd Party Logistics Providers.
- Develop a supply base to build the capacity and capability to deliver the business’ requirements.
- With the relevant Head of Procurement and stakeholders, develop and continually review robust, forward-looking sub category plans based on business and product needs, supply market dynamics, and technological changes in marketplace.
- Influence the businesses and drive the application of a variety of commercial models to deliver the most appropriate business outcomes.
- Ensure alignment with all key stakeholders within Procurement and the business on category decisions.
- Support the Head of Procurement in influencing policy thinking, provide timely responses to audit reports and report category costs as appropriate.
- ·Implement or maintain an appropriate global, regional, national strategy within the sub-categories and, with the support of relevant in market procurement, manage compliance to contracts.
- Support supplier relationship management in the classification of new suppliers to determine the most appropriate SRM treatment.
- Work with the Head of Procurement to manage resourcing within the category to deliver sourcing projects.
- Live the Dyson Behaviours appropriate to the individual and the role; ingenious, explorer, fighter and shrewd.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and inspire confidence when faced with uncertainty and change.
- Bring drive, energy and pace to project activity.
- Display good people management and influencing skills.
- Demonstrate the importance of subject matter expertise through example.
- Market and communicate category guidelines into the business.
- Role model the adoption and leverage agile ways of working.
- Make time and care about personal development maintaining a live development plan.
- Deliver a pipeline of projects to achieve or exceed agreed savings target for the category.
- ·Understand complex business problems, apply analytical thinking and market knowledge to drive the most appropriate business outcome.
- Communicate category concepts in a way that is relevant to the business.
- Ensure category and project data (savings, pipeline, milestones, risks, issues, taxonomy) is accurate and reflective of reality.
- Ensure quality of content and compliance with relevant sourcing and category planning governance.
- Monitor the status of the projects, and drive corrective action to ensure savings targets are achieved or exceeded.
- Work with the Head of Procurement to prioritise and schedule all strategic sourcing initiatives for the year, in alignment with business milestones.
- Embed best practices and compliance to the operating model.
- Support the development and enhancement of the operating model.
- Maintain credibility and relevance with the business so that the category management team becomes true business partners and acknowledged as a clear benefit.
- Develop a reputation for delivery that quickly earns credibility.
- Develop and maintain a stakeholder network in a complex and dynamic business environment.
- Embrace change with a positive attitude.
- Continually reassess the operational risks associated with the sub-categories, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management changes, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensure that all agreements are established in accordance with the relevant global, regional or national Legal representatives.
- Always ensures an appropriate balance of risk with the cost of control.
- Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply with clear route to advancement towards MCIPS, Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in procurement with experience in Logistics & Transportation or previous experience managing logistics operations.
- Deep understanding of the Supply Chain Process and ability to execute evaluation scenarios.
- Excellent numeracy & analytical skills (Excel).
- Proficiency using data analytics software’s, Tableau, Power BI, others.
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation.
- Able to work in diverse environments and adhere to highest ethical standards.
- Confidence and credibility with good communication and relationship management skills with the ability to engage and influence middle to senior level stakeholders.
- Sustains personal energy, self-motivation and productivity and encourages good resilience in others.
- Identifies and raises opportunities and/or challenges.
- Takes action to simplify complexity.
- Recognised expertise in the specific category applicable to the role
- Evidence of managing a sub-category through the whole life cycle, from strategy creation through procurement to supplier management.
- Commercially astute and with a strong eye for detail.
- Proven ability to solve problems and to influence decision making.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and a team-player.
- Self-aware, knows own strengths and limitations.
- A driven self-starter; who has the ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team.
- Preparedness to travel as necessary/appropriate in the performance of duties.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.