- Starting salary will be determined based upon experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
- Location details
- Chicago, IL
Impact on Business
- The Procurement Manager will also be responsible for supporting the creation of sub-category strategies and plans to achieve or exceed agreed savings targets for the category.
- Constantly monitoring the supplier market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g. entry or exit of suppliers, changes in pricing, risk on category).
- Seeking alternatives to current category specifications and demand parameters.
- Continually monitoring buying channel compliance across relevant indirect spend and driving corrective action as necessary.
- Develop a supply base to deliver the capacity and capability to deliver the business’ requirements.
- Developing innovative and streamlining initiatives in conjunction with business partners to reduce bottom line costs.
- Working with the wider global procurement community to build a robust and future looking pipeline of initiatives and opportunities.
Customers / Stakeholders
- With the relevant stakeholders, develop and continually review robust, forward-looking sub-category plans based on business and product needs, supply market dynamics, and technological changes in marketplace.
- Implement or maintain an appropriate national strategy within the sub-categories and, with the support of relevant the wider global procurement team, manage compliance to contracts for global contracts.
- Execute sourcing projects, instill a responsive and strategic service and delivery culture, which makes business stakeholders value Procurement.
- Influence the businesses and drive the application of a variety of commercial models to deliver the most appropriate business outcomes.
- Ensure alignment with all key stakeholders within Procurement and the business on category decisions.
- Influence policy thinking, provide timely responses to audit reports and report category costs as appropriate.
- Foster and build relationships with key stakeholders and business partners as relevant to role.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Be a role model and demonstrate a positive attitude and inspire confidence when faced with uncertainty and change.
- Bring drive, energy and pace to project activity.
- Display good people management and influencing skills.
- Market and communicate procurement guidelines into the business.
- Support any change projects.
- Adopt and leverage agile ways of working.
- Make time and care about personal development keeping a live development plan.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Deliver a pipeline of projects to achieve or exceed agreed savings target. Lead negotiation and agreement of terms and conditions for all projects.
- Manage all initiatives to a robust plan in alignment with business process and milestones.
- Understand the business problems, apply analytical thinking and market knowledge and drive the most appropriate business outcome.
- Communicate category concepts in a way that is relevant to the business.
- Ensure category and project data (savings, pipeline, milestones, risks, issues, taxonomy) is accurate and reflective of reality.
- Ensure quality of content and compliance with relevant operating model and category planning governance.
- Drive embedding of best practices and compliance to the operating model.
- Support the development and enhancement of the operating model.
- Maintain credibility and relevance with the business so that the category management team becomes true business partners and are acknowledged as a clear benefit.
- Develop a reputation for delivery that quickly earns credibility.
- Develop and maintain a stakeholder network.
- Embrace change with a positive attitude.
Management of Risk
- Continually reassess the operational risks associated with the sub-categories, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management changes, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensure that all agreements are established in accordance with the relevant global, regional or national Legal representatives.
- Always ensures an appropriate balance of risk with the cost of control.
SkillsThis is what we need you to have:
- Experience of working in a complex matrix organisation.
- Knowledge of SAP and SAP Ariba.
- Experience working in a global organisation.
- Good communication and relationship management skills with the ability to engage and influence junior to middle level stakeholders.
- Sustains personal energy, self-motivation and productivity.
- Identifies and raises opportunities and/or challenges.
- Understands methods to simplify complexity.
- Skilled or capable of being skilled in all sourcing process disciplines.
- Commercially astute and with a good eye for detail.
- Proven ability to solve problems and to influence decision making.
- Understands and has practised negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and a team-player.
- Self-aware, knows own strengths and limitations.
- Preparedness to travel as necessary/appropriate in the performance of duties.
It would be helpful if you also had some of these:
- Project management experience.
- An understanding and application of legal issues.
- Evidence of managing a procurement project through its lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of multiple indirect categories such as Marketing, Logistics, and Professional Services.
- Understanding e-procurement processes and systems.
- Good numeracy & analytical skills.
- Experience of working in operational areas within categories or supply base.
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.