- Shanghai - China
Overview – department:
The Creative Hub is China’s own internal creative team, whose work is mainly focused on digital & e-commerce related design, with additional film, print, OOH, PR & social contents. Currently it is composed with Creative Head, Creative Project Managers, Designers, Copywriters and Film creatives. It is a creative outpost of Dyson Group creative team, dedicates to China specific communication needs, whilst reporting back to Group/COE through Creative Head to ensure maintenance of brand integrity and tone and manner are correctly implemented in the market. Additional reporting line to head of brand marketing which balances the reflection of local consumer insight & category messaging, digital communication needs in delivery of all creative assets.
China creative hub is working closely with Group/CoE as well as China brand and digital marketing team and local trans-creation/design agencies.
About the role
Owning and managing the entire project lifecycle/process, delivering profitable and measured projects. Although video will be your core experience, we expect a wider range or projects to be handled.
Understanding of production, related technology, its applications and its constraints and limitations, with creative mind and detailed eye to provide quality control.
Give clear and precise directions/timings to both internal and external teams to ensure delivery of high quality, Dyson level execution, on time and within budget.
Ensure that changes and decisions on production timings are communicated to all parties involved so that everyone is clear as to next actions.
Ensure every element of project is correct and cleared with briefing partners before it moves to next stage.
- Ensure that work is always consistent with Dyson brand values, tone and messaging.
- Working alongside film team to shoot localised versions of imagery and video.
Form and grow value adding strategic relationships with all the other team.
- Understanding of composing shots, camera angles, lighting, editing and post-production (e.g colour grading, CGI/SFX)
- Understanding of creative principles and processes.
- Familiar with contents on China market digital social media and e-commerce platforms; Wechat, Weibo, TaoBao, JD.com, etc.
- Experience of working on campaigns which include various outputs: TVC, cinemagraph, social film, H5, etc.
- Proven experience of driving a team of people to deliver to defined and agreed schedules.
- Able to be hands on with putting together review/presentations.
- At least 5-year experience in advertising or digital creative agency.
Essential Skills / competencies:
- Ability to work with creative team to quickly develop an understanding of Dyson, its engineering ethos and visual identity and have good judgment as to what makes good Dyson communication and what doesn’t.
- Ability to question a brief and highlight key creative challenges or opportunities.
- Ability to work on multi-tasks, remain calm under pressure, solve problems efficiently, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
- Proven record of working with production partners in costing and driving to deliver on time.
- Proven knowledge of challenging deadlines with project owner teams and getting agreement on the best way forward.
- Excellent Mandarin and English written and spoken language skills.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.