- Malaysia - Development Centre
About the team
The Global Product Cost is a diverse team of talents across 3 countries. Our expanding role is to make sure that costs for all Dyson products are accurately reported and correctly billed.
About the role:
• Update and maintain a costing database of over 10,000 costing parts and subassemblies called Facton
• Be responsible for inputting, uploading, maintaining, checking of submitted cost information within and outside of Facton. This involves checking across other Dyson systems.
• Be knowledgeable and take on ownership of the Facton monthly cycle. You will supervise, monitor and coordinate the progress of the Facton monthly cycle to ensure it adheres to timetables and procedures. You will also perform logical and consistency checks on the data submitted and liaise with the appropriate parties if there are any issues and take appropriate corrective action
• Finalize the product prices at the end of the month
• Perform quality assurance on costing data submitted
• Liaise and work closely with category managers and CMs to ensure all pricing data are submitted and/or uploaded in a timely manner every month
• Act as first point of contact for Procurement team and CMs with regards to any Facton issues. Resolve and escalate to Facton Technical Support if necessary, in a timely manner. Focal point for escalation of technical issues internally & externally.
• Maintain and ensure that data in the product database is kept updated in Facton during the monthly Pricing update process
• Ensures all reports are scheduled in Facton
• Coordinate the collection of changes and updates required with other Teams and CMs. Implement and/or validate changes sent
• Provide other Teams with the updated product cost details like Bill of Material (BoMs) etc
• Identify and validate pricing variance and/or errors with other Teams
• Conduct regular business process trainings to end users; provide User Acceptance Tests and pre and post live support to internal and external business units
• Maintain Product Costing Process documentation by ensuring that all documents are current and updated in timely manner.
• Actively use MS Excel, OLAP Cube & Facton to handle large volume of data\
• Liaise and work closely with category managers and CMs to timely review & approve Manual BOM data every month
• Liaise and work closely CMs to timely prepare & align true up every month
1. Excellent Excel skills, including report design, lookups, pivot tables, experience with large (100k+ lines) data sets
2.Excellent written and spoken English Able to distil complex problems to an easily communicated and followed process
3.Enthusiastic, highly motivated to improve business processes and automate manual work
4. Able to prioritise, manage time, and deliver to tight deadlines
Professional growth, leadership development, and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices, and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.