- Design and Development
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have c. 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design and Engineering families!
About the role
As a product engineer and person in charge in SKU team to develop and release SKU according to design specification and SKU time plan.
Manage New Product Development BOM timely – timeliness of AFPP issuance, RFD and AFP BOM release. To ensure all product structure are according to latest design revision and reflect the latest change by RFD BOM released to CM.
The SKU Operations Product Engineer is to be responsible to execute SKU operational activities, for the three types of scenarios as outlined below (as aligned with SKU Project Managers):
- new SKU SOP release as part of Hair Care NPD SKU Range roll-out - which are to SOP in CMs in The Philippines
- new SKU SOP release as part of Hair Care Gifting SKU Range roll-out - which are to SOP in CMs in The Philippines
- as part of Ops CM Qualification project team, to align SKU activities timings of SOP readiness of existing SKUs, e.g. BOM/drawing release, Rating Plate update for alternative CMs, FG DPAP etc
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support SKU Range team on SKU Rationalisation based on product/BOM complexity
- As per input from SKU Range team, to create SKUs in systems as per convention of attribute rules. Master data accuracy and timeliness are critical. Align SKU BOM/BOS requirements with cross teams, e.g. Category, Engineering, C&A, G&P
- First SKU BOM/BOS release (RFD etc.) Accuracy and timeliness are critical.
- Drawing release (all BOM level) using ETF request to Registry – for CM Multi-Source Development – post-first-SOP only
- Product Verification Requirement alignment with Category team and Verification management (Test Request to Test team, PR to CM etc..)
- Rating Plate - requirement alignment with C&A, bartender file set-up and release to CM, printer readiness alignment with Manufacturing/CM, Rating Plate sample submission by CM and sign-off by C&A, formalise through Change Notice release
- Approved-for-Production SKU BOM release (AFP)
- Good knowledge of general engineering principles,
- Familiar with engineering BOM’s and able to create new engineering BOM’s based on marketing requirements,
- Skill & experience in all aspects of the design process from concept to production,
- A full understanding of design change management, including the change order process and the impact of design changes upon other departments,
- Willing challenge to meet the time plan,
- The ability to work on a few tasks concurrently without losing focus,
- Pro-active, well organised, prioritise tasks, good team player, flexible in approach
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good in Microsoft office (Intermediate skills level of Microsoft Excel will be an advantage).
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses.
Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering.
At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit.
It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.