- Product Design
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
The primary goal of the PXD is to own and define the proposition for how we leverage connectivity, whether this be through innovative use of technology or skilfully applied design. Alongside the wider design team, PXDs are involved from the early stages of projects, working alongside other areas of the business to gather insight and translate this into design recommendations which can be communicated to stakeholders in compelling audience appropriate ways.
Once buy-in for the proposed product experience is secured, it is the responsibility of the PXD to define the ‘how might we…’, focusing on technologies, platforms, interfaces, user-flows etc. Working alongside software, UX and UI teams, the proposition is then prototyped and specified to a level that can be handed over to production teams at the TS milestone.
The PXD remains involved with a project beyond the transfer over to production and development - ensuring that their vision is maintained throughout production, as well as monitoring feedback and interrogating analytics post-launch to understand how to continually improve our future products.
About the roleResponsibilities
- Distilling research, insight and good design practice into product features and related user/business benefits
- Identifying opportunities to address pain points and problems through well designed connected features and use of the latest technologies and platforms
- Securing stakeholder buy-in and sign off for a validated proposition (that can be delivered within the cost and time-frame parameters of the project)
- Defining how connected features might be designed and implemented to a level where they can be validated estimated against and prototyped
- Working alongside Visual Designers and Developers to ensure that the UI and interaction design direction is in line with the proposed product experience
- Understanding tech limitations and development constraints and knowing where to push vs. where to adapt solutions to be more pragmatic and deliverable
- Working alongside Creative and Software teams to prototype experiences that can be validated before they are passed over to production
- Understanding and translating research insights into a connected experience proposition
- Exploring how we might deliver innovative product experiences through the latest technologies
- Defining ‘happy-path’ user flows, based on realistic scenarios
- Wireframing and creating lo-fi prototypes for early testing and validation of ideas
- Documenting and specifying features, including red-lines, acceptance criteria and rationale
- Presenting to and managing stakeholders
- Degree in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/HRI, Interaction Design or other field emphasising product interaction, or related work experience in UX design-related role.
- Experience in a design-related role (UX, interaction design, product design) relating to at least one of the following: app design, IoT, SmartHome, wearables, VUI
- Interest in design thinking, interaction design, usability, accessibility and information design
- Ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.