- Data Analysis
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas - unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
Dyson has a strong and influential Quality, Safety and Sustainability business function. Within Quality, the New Product Quality department collaborates with Design, Development, Operations, Procurement and Commercial to drive forward advances in both product reliability and product satisfaction on all projects across all categories before launch. This role is to join the New Product Satisfaction team, driving user satisfaction on a number of varied projects in development.
About the role
Dyson has a strong and influential Quality, Safety and Sustainability business function. Within Quality, the New Product Quality department collaborates with Design, Development, Operations, Procurement and Commercial to drive forward advances in both product reliability and product satisfaction on all projects across all categories before launch.
In the New Product Satisfaction team, we put the user and product at the centre of what we do working collaboratively with Research and NPI teams at the earliest stages of development of Dyson’s future disruptive innovations. We gather and analyse user and product insight to support the development of product attributes and targets before validating these through trialling ahead of product launches. We then monitor and assess the satisfaction performance of products, feeding back into future projects.
- Analyse qualitative and quantitative data using the results to influence Dysons future projects.
- Use data collection techniques, such as surveys, to generate user insight to support project decisions.
- Support the definition, planning, execution and results analysis of global product user trials.
- Work collaboratively with research, commercial, RDD and the wider business to develop new insights that influence the final design
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective & timely input.
- Contribute to team initiatives.
- Challenge & develop Dyson quality practices to continuously improve user satisfaction
- Passionate about understanding the voice of the user and developing products to exceed users expectations.
- Some industrial experience, with a degree in a relevant research, insight, design or science discipline or relevant work experience
- Experience in an insights role within another company would be advantageous.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence discussions and outcomes
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate, with practical examples, most of the skills /competencies and behaviours outlined above.
- An understanding of the product development process
- Ability to interview and or moderate 1:1 or focus groups.
- Experience of survey writing
- Experience with setting up and running multi-market projects.
- Familiarity with Tableau, survey software, and advanced Excel skills.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.