- Information Technology
- Poland - Krakow Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. The aim of Dyson IT is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth, and success.
Our Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Retail Function Team:
Dyson’s Global IT – Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Retail Systems Function – has end-to-end accountability for the strategic roadmap, design, delivery, and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global planning, procurement, manufacturing, supply chain aftersales and retail business processes. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team is arranged into three business and technology-focused domains:
- Planning & Manufacturing Systems
- Supply Chain Systems
- Retail Systems
About the Role:
Reporting to the Head of IT – Supply Chain Systems, the IT Product Manager – Supply Chain Systems works closely with business stakeholders, strategic technology partners, IT professionals and application delivery teams to proactively create, manage and maintain business solutions and IT Services for the global Dyson business. In the role of Product Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with Product Owners, Technical Architects, Strategic Partners, and 3rd parties where required to define, implement, and manage supply chain systems designs and application roadmaps.
- Providing functional and technical insight on the construct and capability of Dyson’s global supply chain systems environment for application delivery, production operations and problem analysis
- Working with strategic partners and third parties to understand and potentially implement future trends, innovation, and opportunities for the supply chain systems application landscape.
- Acting as the platform authority with IT and Business stakeholders to ensure compliance with technical principles, design governance and delivery practice ways of working.
- Identifying gaps in platform capabilities and working proactively to influence IT/Business budget owners and decision makers on appropriate actions to resolve.
- Providing guidance to IT leadership, key stakeholders, and other colleagues as required to maximize value of the platform architecture.
- Working with technical and non-technical stakeholders to identify, plan, prioritize and coordinate supply chain requirements for service designs and mitigation of technical debt.
- Lead the product functions on major programmes and application rollout.
- Working with technical teams and business stakeholders to understand business changes and NFRs to ensure sufficient budget / resources are made available for Supply chain Services.
- Maintaining a technical debt register for the Dyson supply chain systems estate and working with technical delivery teams to prioritize activities for stability and reduction of technical debt.
- Planning upgrades, maintenance schedules and technical changes – including coordination of service outages with service owners and business stakeholders and providing technical approval for IT Change Advisory Board
- Producing and/or reviewing supply chain systems DR/BCP plans and facilitating routine failover/fail back tests as per the plan.
- Build and own the production service / platform roadmap for supply chain systems applications, upgrades, and infrastructure patching & security.
- Supporting application service owners, architects, and technical stakeholders with accountability for supply chain technology services – including oversight of 3rd party contracts and commercials relating to the E2E services.
- Experience and a proven track record of owning and maintaining technology platforms and associated backlogs
- Experience of working as a technical authority
- More than 5 years’ experience in supply chain & e-Fulfilment implementations
- Familiarity with (functional and technical knowledge) the ecosystem of Supply chain Technologies and Partners in Order Management Systems, Delivery Management Platforms
- Experience in product management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with relevant supply chain systems industry standards
- Understanding and alignment with architecture principles and standards
- Experience in platform and applications within a cloud environment
- Must be confident working with all levels of management and understand the demands and responsibilities of those roles.
- Some travel may be required.
- Adaptable with natural ability to thrive in complex and ambiguous situations.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to build from good relationships globally and with a natural collaborative nature.
- Strong sense of curiosity and desire to stay abreast of changes and innovations in the market of supply chain systems technologies.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.