- Data Science and Engineering
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
We start with an engineering mindset and different thinking, then continuously refine our ideas, unwilling to compromise until we’ve found a better way. As part of the Innovation and Technology Office (CITO), our team provides modern solutions that help to remove complexity and drive efficiency as our business changes and grows.
CITO is a multi-disciplinary, global team providing round-the-clock development and operations - including product management, architecture, governance, software engineering, data analytics and community enablement across technology stack.
Involved with every aspect of Dyson’s global business - from product development to finance, manufacturing to commercial – the team is seeking to deliver solutions, creating tangible business value. With significant investment into cloud technology and tools; combined with the ambition to create value from data, the team is recognised as a critical function to Dyson’s strategic objectives.
With a ‘one-team’ approach, the global function is on a mission to:
- Evolve existing solutions to stay ahead
- Embed emerging solutions to capitalise on potential benefits
- Deliver conceptualised & future solutions to introduce net-new capability
You think and dream all things data and automation, enjoy working as part of an energetic and focused team that solves problems that have a direct line of sight to business value. You are consumed with automating anything that does not represent business value. You have a sense of ownership and enjoy hands-on technical work. Your values are important to us in the way you live and work.
The broad scope of responsibility requires solid understanding of both business and technology strategy and principled approach to broad digital transformation challenges/opportunities including strong leadership and people skills.
As a Product Manager, you will work in multi-disciplinary agile squads delivering products and services.
- Manage the delivery of data products including managing resources, expectations, and risks; be responsible for ensuring activities are delivered against business priorities
- Build relationships across global business functions. Understand the system related challenges, dive deep and gather business needs through product discovery
- Actively measure business value within the product scope to support justification on current and future investment
- Translating business needs into product ideas and progressing them through business case development, investment approval and product delivery
- Achieve collaboration with stakeholders to encourage transparency and alignment of priorities, dependencies, and constraints
- Working with stakeholders from various functions to identify opportunities to realise potential value of data – through analyses, data assets or analytical tools
- Drive business process mapping and data journey workshops with process owners
- Facilitate business process re-engineering for operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Instil continuous improvement and change behaviour mindsets using Lean and Design Thinking practices, drawing on other resources where appropriate
- 8+ years of experience in product planning and product design in data analytics, data products or business intelligence
- Familiar with process improvement practices and business process management
- Hands on experience with advanced SQL or ETL tools for data transformation, modelling, and analysis
- Experience in managing backlog, developing user stories, and estimating story points
- Experience in developing business cases and managing investment budgets with ability to drive new value proposition and influence business to embrace new innovations
- Proven track record securing investments from senior executives through product pitching
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and engage at C-levels
- Ability to think strategically but also dive deep into details and drive execution
- Demonstrated leadership working in cross-functional technical teams (direct/virtual)
- Strong technical and business acumen to draw insights and make product trade-off
- Experience working in Agile, SCRUM or Start-up environment
- Experience working with enterprise systems such as ERP, PLM, or MES is a plus
The Dyson Ambition
Our global reputation is priceless, and it always hangs on what we do next. Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. We are authentic, different, and pioneering. Our biggest category today didn’t even exist a few years ago. Our next biggest category? That could be where you come in.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.