- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
We are evolving and expanding our range of ever more intelligent machines and Robot Vacuums. If you are passionate about how lean agile software development practices can help you build the best products for your customers and relish the challenge of using those techniques in a complex environment where mechanics, software, electronics and machine learning meet, then we want to hear from you. In this role you will be the product owner for two product teams and the main point of contact for both internal and external customers and stakeholders. You will be a systems thinker who loves analyzing hard technical challenges and enabling your teams to excel.
Reporting to the Intelligent Machines Product Manager, this key role will be defining the product features, enablers and delivery roadmap for some of the most mission critical and interesting parts of our products. You will be working closely with cross functional agile development teams, engineering managers, designers and a range of business stakeholders to build and deliver the best possible product. You will bring a drive for lean and agile delivery methodologies along with strong data driven decision making to help steer your teams.
About the role
- You will become the domain expert for your product areas of our Intelligent Machines
- You’ll work from the perspective of our customers to represent their needs to the development team, balancing this with business requirements
- You’ll help to build and prioritize the backlog across multiple sources and stakeholders.
- You’ll work to align your team’s delivery plans with wider integration plans across the Dyson Research Design & Development organization.
- Clarification and refinement of user stories and non-functional requirements with the dev. team
- Work with New Product Innovation teams, electronics and systems architects to understand early stage product and feature propositions and capture in user stories, alongside early UX and non-functional specifications.
- You will champion Lean & Agile practices, supporting teams as we continually look to improve flow
- You will gather data and analytics from multiple sources to allow to you to prioritize your roadmap and make data driven decisions.
- You’ll provide concise reporting on your product roadmap planning and delivery.
- A successful product owner, technical product owner or product manager with experience in software delivery, preferably with some experience of working with algorithms.
- Significant experience working in an Agile team as a Scrum Product Owner.
- A Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) qualification a bonus
- It’s essential you’re a self-starter and able to drive early concepts through to customers hands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident presenting your work and representing the team at all levels.
- You’ll be able to build consensus with stakeholders to ensure we deliver what our customers and the wider business needs.
- You’ll have a breadth of product & technical knowledge to support an integrated delivery approach
- Able to communicate and report on complex technical issues at all levels
- Clear focus and drive for delivery - you’ll be able to find and maintain focus and priority in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Curious, inventive and creative - be prepared to solve tough problems and look beyond convention.
- Global collaborator - open minded to ideas from other perspectives
- A passion for robotics, IoT, software which makes people’s lives easier
- Knowledge of Linux and Machine Learning
- An appreciation of using Agile techniques in large teams (Less, SAFe etc.)
- Knowledge of Sensors systems and/or communications protocols
- An interest in extracting data and answers with tools like; Elastic Search, Splunk, Tableau, SQL Python scripts etc.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.