- Design and Development
- Philippines - Alabang Office
The expectation for this role is to be based in the new Philippine Technology Center at FPIP in Sto. Tomas Batangas, as soon as it is completed in 2024.
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design and Engineering families!
About the role:
- Work closely with the Product Manager to help to define the program backlog and to prepare for the Program Increment Planning.
- Be a member of Product Owner Community of Practice and help to drive continual improvement.
- Define stories and prioritizing the team backlog.
- Develop real-time embedded software for production consumer products on a range of silicon platforms, mainly ARM based.
- Involve/Lead product/system requirement document review and analysis, feasibility study and proof of concept.
- Involve/Lead software architecture and high-level design, as well as improvement of robust solutions and resolutions of technical challenges across projects/matrix structure.
- Involve in continuous integration (CI) infrastructure/environment setup.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards.
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution.
- Challenge and develop best practice and process improvements within software team and across the wider RDD function.
- Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering) or equivalent
- Experience of the Product Owner role in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to handle change
- Comfortable engaging with multiple stakeholders
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.