- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. Better experiences.
We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore. Engineering exciting new technologies which defy convention and pioneer radical re-inventions that work.
Right now, we have ambitious plans to continue growing our Direct global business. Much of this direct business will come from existing Dyson owners, so it’s essential that we provide them with the best possible experiences right the way through from purchasing their first Dyson machine, through the full ownership lifecycle, to the point where they return to buy from us again. The impact of the recent changes in the world have propelled the opportunity for digital, opening up a host of new avenues and technologies to explore. As part of the newly formed Connected function, the Connected Experience Design team is responsible for designing the App journeys that maximise our technology and provide the care and support that our owners deserve. Creating the best possible experiences at every point in the journey. Delivering the same attention to detail to each interaction as we do in the engineering of our machines. Our focus is on evolving our suite of Dyson Apps to become broader owner channels, using our expertise and driving innovation, all to design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition.
About the role
Reporting to the Product & Programme Director, you will:
- Deliver digital projects that enhance the customer journey through the App
- Champion the digital needs of physical products on the Dyson roadmap, outlining the benefits and business case of our expanding digital eco-system from concept, production and delivery
- Work from the perspective of our customers to represent their needs to the development teams, balancing this with business requirements
- Help to build and prioritise the backlog across multiple sources and stakeholders.
- Work to align your team’s delivery plans with wider integration plans across the Dyson Research Design & Development organisation.
- Provide clarification and refinement of user stories and non-functional requirements with the Dev. team
- Work with New Product Innovation teams, electronics and systems architects to understand early stage product and feature propositions and capture in user stories, alongside early prototypes and non-functional specifications.
- Champion Lean & Agile practices, supporting teams as we continually look to improve flow
- Provide concise reporting on product roadmap planning and delivery.
- Seek out opportunities for innovation by identifying and leveraging delivery accelerators that improve the speed of delivery and/or the cost to serve
- Outline KPIs against each feature and take responsibility for measuring against these, reporting to stakeholders and driving continuous improvements if they are not met/building a backlog to address. Work closely with Product and User Experience teams to test user features and drive positive change.
- Understand the latest mobile App trends to develop a continuous backlog, prioritising and managing this based on benefits and latest technologies and ensure Dyson becomes leading in our mobile application.
- Understand the customer journey for Dyson App users from an Owner perspective, drive personalisation through data segmentation working closely with the data science team in Global Connectivity, Commercial & IT.
- Customer-centric drive, a curious mind-set, with a focus on the use of high-quality data & insight to fuel decision making
- The energy and determination to work cross-functionally, at pace, across diverse global teams to cultivate productive, mutually beneficial working relationships
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies. (Agile, Waterfall & Hybrid) backed up by experience of applying them successfully in practice
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Powerful change agent who champions change and inspires trust and change adoption
- Solid matrix management skills with the proven ability to deliver through others
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.