- Regulatory and Compliance
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. Our pioneering culture pushes us to be different and better. Everything we do is centred around designing our technology and experiences to help solve everyday problems. At Dyson our mission is simple: we solve problems that others choose to ignore, and we do it first.
About the role
Based out of our Malmesbury campus in Wiltshire, five days a week.
As a Senior Claims and Performance Manager at Dyson, you will be tasked with ensuring that we have robust and durable scientific evidence in place before we make any statements about the performance of our products to the wider world. You will work closely with our Commercial, Research, Design and Development (RDD) and Legal teams to develop appropriate test methods and capability that support our claims ambitions using labs within and outside of Dyson. You will conceive and execute novel research with contract and academic partners to evidence new claims, ensuring that Dyson can defend all of its performance claims, treading the line between compelling claims that sell products and differentiate us from our competitors, whilst having persuasive, comprehensive data to support advertising.
Within the role, you will be responsible for developing the claim substantiation strategy for each project, including development and validation of appropriate methodology to set up critical to claims requirements on NPD systems. You will use all resources available to generate data to qualify our claims position, and you will assist our local market (country) teams in designing region-specific test requirements. Where required, you will coach our commercial managers in the local advertising standards and regulations that may put constraints on substantiation and claim language.
You will identify credible partners and external test houses, setting up method development briefs, negotiating costs, building in stretching targets and tests, to ideally secure exclusivity for Dyson. You will represent Dyson at International Standards working groups, in court when we need an expert technical witness, on calls with external legal counsel, and in cross-team meetings with senior management groups, so it’s essential that you are a dynamic and confident presenter / communicator, able to challenge opinions and influence decision making, providing clarity to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Educated to degree level in a STEM subject
- At least three years of experience working in industry in relevant roles
- Highly technical, able to understand the impact of regulations and test metrics on our claims
- Analytical with good numeracy, able to scrutinise claims and copy, identifying subtleties, flaws and inferences that might enable others to challenge the validity of Dyson advertising
- A strategic thinker, able to identify opportunities and develop new test methods and concepts that benefit our product categories and influence consumer magazines and standards bodies
- Engaging, communicative, influential, motivated, open-minded, flexible, detailed, professional and discreet
- An excellent organiser and planner, able to prioritise and communicate across all levels of a business
- A working knowledge and experience with domestic appliances and their components
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (specifically Excel and PowerPoint)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Group bonus scheme and pension scheme
- Private medical insurance, private dental insurance and life assurance
- Employee assistance programme, on-site GP
- Discounts on Dyson products, retail discounts
- Free lunches and hot drinks on campus, free on-site gym, free hair salon
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.