- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology is unlike any other higher education institution. Our Undergraduate Engineers work alongside the Global Engineering team from day one. They work on live projects, all while studying for their engineering degree and earning a competitive salary. Our mission is to build challenging and enriching educational experiences which are free, student-centric and aligned with the needs of industry. We are committed to offering our undergraduates a supportive and stretching environment in which they can thrive personally as well as academically, as they prepare to become the engineering leaders of the future. There is universal agreement that engineers need more than technical skills. At the Dyson Institute, our programme provides ample opportunity for professional development over the four years of the degree apprenticeship.
The Professional Development team at The Dyson Institute works to complement the academic and workplace aspects of the degree apprenticeship; providing opportunities for undergraduates to develop their professional competencies through integrated projects, training and self-serve resources. We also support the Undergraduates as they consider their career journey and what might come next after their undergraduate programme, helping to develop their employability and transferrable skills and setting them up for success beyond the Institute.
The Professional Development team at The Dyson Institute works to complement the academic and workplace aspects of the degree apprenticeship; providing opportunities for undergraduates to develop their professional competencies through integrated projects, training and self-serve resources. We also support the Undergraduates as they consider their career journey and what might come next after their undergraduate programme, helping to develop their employability and transferrable skills.
As the Professional Development Officer, you will play a key role in delivering and supporting the day-to-day professional development activities for The Dyson Institute’s undergraduate engineers. You’ll be based on the Dyson Technology campus in Malmesbury and will report into the Professional Development Manager, working closely with the Professional Development team and collaborating across The Dyson Institute and the engineering teams within Dyson.
- Plan and deliver professional learning opportunities in line with the Professional Development strategic objectives
- Collaborate with the Operations Project Management teams (& others) to deliver the summer professional development projects for undergraduates in Years 1 – 3 (“Summer Series”)
- Work with the Learning Designer to build the Sharepoint and Canvas self-serve resources, and keep them up to date
- Facilitate plans for the successful delivery of the annual graduation celebration
- Facilitate data collection to develop reports that will help us track Professional Development activities and interventions and their quality and impact
- Collaborate with the student support team to deliver Wellbeing and Development days
- Manage professional development communications with the undergraduates
- Liaising with student representation
- Experience of planning, prioritising and organising your own work or resources and proactively working with others to achieve team objectives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail
- Proactive, motivated self-starter, with a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to find a solution.
- Flexible team player but able to work under own initiative and manage own workload.
- Resilient, comfortable with ambiguity and dynamic pace of work.
- Great communicator – excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent user of Microsoft Word, Teams, Sharepoint, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Experience in Early Careers, internship planning or facilitation/delivery of professional development/employability sessions
- Appreciation of apprenticeship competency requirements, preferably at Level 6
- Project management experience or training, such as APM PFQ or PMQ courses
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.