- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
The Profit Protection function reports into the Global Security Director and was established in 2017. The Global Security Teams remit is broad and includes Cyber, Corporate Security, Technical Security, Crisis management and Information Security, alongside Profit Protection, providing opportunities to learn and diversify through a broad spectrum of specialisms. The Profit Protection Managers role reports into the Global Head of Retail Profit Protection who is the global strategic security lead for the creation and implementation of the Omni Chanel retail risk profile and security strategy and responsible for the unilateral rollout and adoption within all current and future Dyson Omni channel Retail locations.(online retail, call canters, service centers, retail locations)
About the role:
The Profit Protection Manager’s role is to lead the Profit Protection strategy across their region of responsibility, working collaboratively with their counterparts and business partners in other regions to share and drive best practice and leverage their strengths multilaterally across the team creating an industry leading Global Profit Protection centre of excellence.
To continually assess and address the risk of loss and security to the Supply Chain, National Wholesale accounts, reselling partners, refurbishment centres and Omni Channel environment, evaluating the risks of existing controls for weaknesses and making recommendations for improvements.
- Particular focus of this position would be with the product flow from manufacturing to final destination. Any opportunities for loss within these movements and collaborating with all key business partners to create and manage solutions.
- New product launch management, tracking and security of all assets and intellectual property within region up to launch date.
- Lead audit program of all supply chain and logistics locations with region
- Identify, investigate and manage external, internal and process risk within their region of responsibility.
- Liaise closely with law enforcement, retail partners, industry trade groups and other relevant agencies within the region to ensure that Dyson can operate with minimum disruption from criminal activity.
- To ensure that risks are addressed by company Profit Protection policies and guidelines, interpreted and operated in a way that satisfies the cultural, environmental and local demand, appropriate to its needs.
- Support new retail shop openings, risk assessments and site surveys as needed
- 5+ years’ experience in the leading of Regional Profit Protection programs
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders remotely
- Understanding of the logistics process within the retail/wholesale environment
- Formal training in investigation techniques
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Independent and critical thinking
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Adaptable/flexible – able to multi task
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy – tireless in getting the right result
- Ability to work independently
- Good problem solving skills
- An innovative yet objective thinker
- Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Tenacious and driven to get the best result
- Challenges themselves and others
- Willingness to get stuck in to the detail when required
- Ability to identify when not to be in the detail to influence the best outcome
- Previous experience with managing risks associated with new product launches
- Brand Protection experience
- Profit Protection experience in the Logistics and Supply chain arena
- Language skills in Spanish
- Experience working in Canada, Mexico, and Latin America
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.