- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
A Programme Manager is needed to join the Technology Programme Team and become a relevant point of contact within GEO and across categories. The role is also an escalation point for any issues with DDM projects and will work closely with counterparts and cross-functional peers from across the business to ensure alignment that drives DDM and product development forwards.
Reporting to the Head of Programme Management, you will lead and deliver technology projects that will be an instrumental part of Dyson's next generation products, influencing a multi-disciplinary team of project managers and engineers across GEO functions.
The Programme Manager will lead the PM team and be accountable for their work in delivering Technology projects to time, cost and quality specification through to the start-of-production
The role requires significant leadership skills and technical understanding with the incumbent needing to understand and communicate programme status, risk and technical progress to senior management; whilst interacting with key stakeholders in the engineering, operations and quality teams as well as key suppliers.
- You'll communicate between teams within the Global Engineering and Operations organisation to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead solutions
- Lead communication with all stakeholders acting as a first point of contact.
- Coaching and mentoring Technology Project Managers
- Manage programme level priorities and scope to avoid conflicts and bottlenecks, and resolve programme level risks and issues.
- Ensure best practice to optimise project delivery and drive consistency across programme and functions.
- Drives consistency of information management and reporting. Demands the highest quality data.
- Manage senior stakeholders and cross project teams, removing barriers, building relationships and resolving conflict, ensuring good collaboration across teams
- 5+ years Project management experience in a similar engineering high technology field demonstrating good knowledge of the complete project life cycle
- Master or bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Demonstrates excellent people management skills.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of category / functional teams and Dyson culture
- Demonstrates excellent stakeholder engagement. Comfortable interacting and influencing at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to set tactical direction to meet the business strategy and align their team to this.
- Manages priorities, communication and direction across multiple projects/teams.
- Has the personal credibility to work effectively with senior cross functional teams and business functions.
- Good Commercial and Operational awareness with a rational and practical approach
- Excellent project management capabilities and knowledge of fundamental PM principles (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management) to apply them independently in complex situations
- Strong communicator with a can do attitude; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Solid leadership skills; able to form complex and high performing teams quickly
- Excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle
- To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment
- Excellent team-working skills.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.