- Project Management, Energy storage
- Singapore - Singapore
The cells that the team deliver will push the boundaries of performance, power density, and efficiency. These cells will drive new high value Dyson products with step improvements over our competitors.
In conjunction to developing a cell, the team will be responsible for process development, equipment realisation and facility setup jointly with our manufacturing and operational teams.
About the roleThe Cell development team works in close collaboration with the Energy storage research team and other Dyson research teams to establish pioneering technology for Dyson’s first generation cell. A key challenge here is to ensure that the destination product and cell technologies are highly integrated and optimised. The role will gel embodiment of cell expertise across the General Engineering & Operations (GEO) organisation in order to realise prototype, pilot and volume manufacture on ambitious timelines.
Further to this, the incumbent plays a pivotal role in establishing the technology and landscape, managing numerous and often conflicting directional inputs from several sources. It is the responsibility of the role to evaluate these, along with the energy storage global programme, and the inputs of the GEO leadership teams, to deliver a cell technology which will enable the most successful range of Dyson products.
About youReporting to the Energy Storage Development Director, key responsibilities include the following:
- Establish, maintain, communicate and execute a strategic plan for cell development and implementation within the global Battery organisational framework
- Provide insight to the Dyson senior leadership to make well informed strategic decisions, through the timely communication of the relative technical and commercial progress of the project and product.
- Ensure Energy Storage Development roadmaps are aligned with counterpart Research roadmaps, and product range plans.
- Providing a commercial awareness with a pragmatic approach to technology developments, brokering time spec and cost to achieve the best outcome for Dyson
- Responsible for the delivery plan of Generation 1 cell that is highly optimised for volume manufacture, delivering world class Safety, specification and quality
- Drive a program management roadmap and cascade succession of technology as new cell architectures are developed
- Early identification and mitigation of cost, time, and specification risks through use of registers and project communications
- Define and deliver to plans that are highly integrated and aligned with those of the destination product, and research technology teams
- Provides leadership and direction to deliver our technologies through Senior Managers and managers
- Plan resource demand for the Cell development including process and equipment, providing high resolution plans for the short and medium term, and long term
- Support initiation, drive resolution and communicate tracking of CAPEX/OPEX budgets
- Establish strong relationships with our external strategic partners, and drive forward collaborative development ensuring timely delivery and performance
- Establish highly collaborative relationships and operate with a “one Dyson” mind-set. Key stakeholders include Dyson Research, Manufacturing, and Product Development ensuring that cell technologies are highly integrated and optimised for the products which they enable
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.