- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success. Our Digital Business Technologies Team
Dyson’s Digital Business Technologies Team has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all bus ness systems enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process in 82 markets. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience, Retail, Supply Chain & Manufacturing, Product Development and Finance & Procurement.
Digital Business Technologies - Programme and Project Management Practice Vision We deliver successful transformation enabling programmes and projects. With the determination to disrupt the status quo in pursuit of excellence, we empower Dyson to be different by delivering authentic and
innovative solutions that make Dyson a pioneering company.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Programme Management Practice, as a programme manager you will be responsible for leading large-scale programmes that contribute to the delivery of strategic outcomes. You will have primary responsibility for the successful delivery of the required outcomes, including the establishment of appropriate governance and assurance, monitoring progress, managing risks and issues and ensuring business readiness for
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of Business Cases and their approval via project leads and SMEs and alignment with senior stakeholders.
- Communication and stakeholder management; Identify and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Manage internal and external relationships as appropriate. Building consensus across large and often diverse groups of stakeholders and working closely with the relevant Portfolio Directors to cement relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Providing direction and guidance on the development of the team and more broadly across the PPM community, proactively contributing to the development of the PPM Practice.
- Resource management - Building and maintaining a strong, high-performing, delivery focused programme team. Securing resources and directing planning scheduling, resourcing and estimating for medium complexity large scale programmes.
- Risks and Issues - being accountable for risk and issue management. Ensuring mitigations are in place and resolved through negotiated agreement and that Senior Stakeholders are engaged appropriately.
- Programme performance and controls - identifying success criteria, setting project controls and being accountable for the overall integrity and coherence of programme and governance framework to support each project. Planning, monitoring and controlling progress, engaging fully with assurance teams and responding to recommendations.
- Leadership vision and objectives - Cascade the vision and translate it into delivery objectives for the team. Lead the programme to deliver business case benefits and outcomes
- Dependency management - Work with project leads and business stakeholders to ensure dependencies are identified and actively managed. Act as an arbiter and enforcer and resolve issues between the various elements of the programme.
- You will need to demonstrate expert level standards across the following behavioural competencies:
- Business Leadership
- Create an environment in which projects can succeed; working effectively together
- within and across teams. Ensure business readiness to deliver the benefits and
- outcomes set out in business case.
- Teamwork outside of usual boundaries, breaking down silos, building strong, trusted
- Being clear and concise, adapting approach to the audience, influencing people
- Understanding the impact of changes to costs and sales, managing budgets, looking
- at market threats and opportunities and acting on them, driving profitability
- Getting things done, delivering results, taking initiative, ownership, being organised,
- managing projects, following processes
- Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong leadership abilities including structured and strategic thinking, critical analysis and proactivity
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, within and across teams to a range of audiences including suite stakeholders
- Credible change agent, with track record of successfully manage change and delivering transformation
- Demonstrable success via matrix management including offshore/ remote teams you will have significant experience of building high-performing teams and nurturing individual talent.
- Practitioner level knowledge of a range of programme and project management methodologies
- Knowledge of advanced risk management techniques and a track record of having successfully applied them
- At least 5 years’ experience of IT programme management, ideally gained in strategic complex projects for large organisations
- Experience of successfully delivering complex £multi-million transformation programmes in large global organisations
- Expert level skills in effective financial stewardship including the development of robust business cases, tight fiscal control of budgets and accurate financial reporting.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation where you will have gained a thorough grounding in client management and stakeholder engagement
- Experience in leading complex and large value tender / vendor selection
- Experience of benefits realisation for both quantitative and qualitative benefits
- Knowledge of change management techniques and methods
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
# LI Dyson
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.