- Project and Programme Management
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring even more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We are growing fast, and our ambition is boundless – more products, more locations and more people. Today, there are over 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide in Dyson, and we are now looking to
expand in Malaysia. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest in underpinning the future. Our plans for the Malaysia are ambitious, and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design and Engineering families! We are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Electronics Programme Manager. As a programme manager, you will be responsible for leading large-scale Electronics programmes that contribute to the delivery of strategic outcomes. You will have primary responsibility for the successful delivery of the required outcomes, including the establishment of appropriate governance and assurance, monitoring progress, managing risks and issues and ensuring business readiness for change.
- Leading the development of Electronics Projects via project managers and SMEs and alignment with senior stakeholders.
- Working with front end Electronics programme manager to securing resources and directing planning scheduling, resourcing and estimating for medium complexity large scale programmes.
- Managing risks and issues, ensuring mitigations are in place and resolved through negotiated agreement and that Senior Stakeholders are engaged appropriately.
- Leadership vision and objectives - Cascade the vision and translate it into delivery objectives for the team. Lead the programme to deliver planned milestones
- Planning project transfer with front end Electronics programme manager and assign Electronics project manager to manage the project when target is set
- Reviewing projects status with Electronics project managers, identifying success criteria, setting project controls and being accountable for the overall integrity and coherence of programme and governance framework to support each project.
- Coaching Electronics project managers in project management.
- Reporting top-level projects status to Electronics stakeholders.
- Representing Electronics group to participate cross function meeting and answer questions related to Electronics projects if asked.
- Responsible to Electronics program range management and go to person if stakeholder wants to understand program range.
- Working together with Electronics Sustaining Programme Manager to assign priority to sustaining jobs.
- Establishing and optimizing project management process if necessary
- Communication and stakeholder management, identifying and managing stakeholder relationships.
- Master or bachelor’s degree in Electronics or related field
- 5+ years in project manager role (preference given to those with hands on program management experience)
- Strong leadership abilities including structured and strategic thinking, critical analysis and proactivity
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, within and across teams to a range of audiences including suite stakeholders
- Credible change agent, with track record of successfully manage change and delivering transformation
- Demonstrable success via matrix management including offshore/ remote teams you will have significant experience of building high-performing teams and nurturing individual talent.
- Knowledge of advanced risk management techniques and a track record of having successfully applied them
- Experience of successfully delivering complex multi-million transformation programmes in large global organisations
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses.
Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering.
At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit. It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.