- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore, first. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
Dyson Commercial is responsible for taking this amazing technology to market, explaining how our machines are different and their benefits. We never share the stage, where we demonstrate our machines and their superiority we win.
The next period of Dyson’s growth will see us taking our technology into more markets, doubling the business and quadrupling Direct. It will see our Owner base grow rapidly and a focus on both acquiring more Owners and retaining the Owners we have.
Competitors are expanding reach and bringing products into the marketplace. However, Dyson differentiates through our superior technology and also the unique experiences that we bring to our Owners. However, we need to manage this ambition in a more efficient and agile way, bringing new technology to markets faster, reacting to Owner expectations quicker and leading the market in more innovative ways.
This requires a more agile, mission based operating model. One which will enable us to continue our journey but in a more structured and efficient ways.
Dyson Global Experience Studio
Our mission is to bring Dyson technology to life, to provide the imagery, films, content, experiences and service that explain our machines, their benefits and the problems they solve for our Owners. We create assets and journeys that help Owners discover, choose, purchase, learn about and solve issues they may have with our machines.
We also plan the Mission teams, resourcing them with the right talent, running the PMO, structuring the governance, reporting and prioritizing projects.
The Programme Manager, works across various Demand Teams and reports to our Global Planning and PMO Director, and is accountable for planning and delivery of various Commercial Dyson Programmes of work. The successful candidate will ensure that projects are delivered through the process and that all projects pass through the appropriate level of governance, to enable the business to make informed decisions. The Programme Manager will manage the Demand Teams’ budgets and collaborate with our internal teams to ensure all our Missions are planned and delivered within time, budget and to the required quality.
The successful candidate will be expected to build strong relationships with Group Commercial, CoE and Market stakeholders, in order to be able to communicate across all levels of the business and, as part of the Planning leadership team, benchmarking our Planning & PMO offering against other Planning functions within Dyson.
About the Role
Your role will be hands-on. You’ll liaise with key business stakeholders, and enforce adherence to the process and governance frameworks. The role takes ownership of time and cost management to ensure that the Demand Teams deliver upon its strategic objectives. Working closely with the Demand Teams’ Management teams, and the other Programme Managers, the Programme Manager is critical in ensuring that we make effective decisions about matters both internally and externally (with markets) through use of the Commercial Governance Framework.
In the day to day your tasks will include:-
· Capturing & Prioritising Demand
· Collaborating across various teams to against defined Mission requirements
· Ownership, allocation and forecasting of Demand Teams’ budgets
· Running and leading weekly Planning and Delivery meetings
· Collation of Planning reports each week
· Stakeholder management across Group Commercial, Markets and CoEs
You will be a key member of the Planning and PMO leadership team and will need to work cross functionally to achieve the best results. You will work with the following teams.
- GTM / Demand Generator Teams (across Commercial)
- Other Dyson Functions (Engineering, NPI, NPI Strategy, Legal, IT etc)
- Commercial Programme Management Team
- Resource Team
- PMO Team
- 6+ in Programme & Project Management experience.
- Strong proven capability to prioritise, manage process and solve complex problems
- A positive and impactful communicator with excellent negotiation & influencing skills and the ability to ‘bring people with you’
- Comfortable speaking to both technical and non-technical teams and engaging at all levels of the business. Simplify the complex and make the impact of enhancements visible in business terms
- Highly-organised with proven experience in project management with the ability to juggle multiple, complex projects at once
- Calm, considered approach and be able to cope with a very busy workload
- Good communication skills (clear communication, knowing when to communicate what to whom) and ability to develop working relationships easily
- Ability to manage upwards in a timely and constructive manner
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.