- Project and Programme Management
- India - Bangalore Remote
Whether you're curious about different opportunities, looking to continue your career path or considering a detour into unexplored areas of Dyson - we hope the below job is of interest!
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention.
About the role
The Programme Manager is required to orchestrate some of our large complexity activities across the Chief Innovation and Technology Office (IT) or to manage one of our core categories in support of our transformation plans. The role will be instrumental to ensure projects are delivered on time; meet technical specification and are within budget.
- Manage large complex projects utilising the appropriate systems, processes and resources to facilitate an optimal delivery. This will include identifying, managing and mitigating the projects risk and issues, and agreeing account-abilities and responsibilities with the wider project team or Coordinate the Programme Management of a core transformation programme, managing projects as required.
- Coordinate and communicate project scope, identify dependencies and understand the critical path to secure timely project delivery.
- Identify and manage stakeholders, resolve conflicts, empower and inspire teams.
- Manage progress, analyse, collate & report project status and data from a cost, time, spec perspective.
- Control the Category budget and define and manage the project costs.
- Define, assess and track the impact of change requests.
- Create resource plans to determine demand and manage project resource allocation.
- Capture lessons learned and drive continuous improvement initiatives and development of PM capability.
- Promote Project Management principles and best practices in all aspects of work.
- Work independently, with little to no guidance.
- May undertake line management to up to 3 reports (Core Category Programme Managers only)
Degree qualified (engineering or science discipline) or equivalent.
Experience of delivering projects in an Engineering IT\Digital environment.
In depth understanding of Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies.
- Some line management experience is advantageous
- In depth knowledge of Project Management fundamentals
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Significant experience with proven ability to manage and deliver moderately complex tasks in a fast moving and dynamic environment.
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills.
- Analytical mind-set, attention to detail and ability to challenge assumptions and convention.
- Self-motivated and able to resolve conflict, inspire teams, mentor peers.
- In depth understanding and application of business processes, project governance methods and operational/development framework.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.