- Project and Programme Management
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations, and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas - unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
Design Engineering is the powerhouse of product creation. By integrating the work of specialists, we deliver a user-focused manufacturable product solution, keeping Dyson products in front of the competition.
As part of a cross functional project team, we turn product concepts into robust manufacturable designs, at part, assembly and product levels. We collaborate with Manufacturing and suppliers to concurrently deliver a product design and a capable manufacturing process.
Dyson creates products that differentiate on the basis of technical leadership and innovation. This is baked into our product development process, ensuring that only world class products make it into production. We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
After production begins, we expect to continually refine and improve our product and offerings, ensuring that we identify, review and respond to market feedback. Our sustaining team provide the Design Engineering capability and resources to manage, improve, maintain and expand our multi-category portfolio of current production products. Through this approach we maintain and expand our competitive advantage after product launch.
About the role
- Synthesis and escalation for all sustaining programmes from Reliability, Production Support, Cost Down, SKU / Features perspective across the product porfolio and range.
- Managing product portfolio based on product hierarchy principle. This includes finish goods, service assemblies, models, variants, SKUs, assemblies, parts, and bought out components.
- Establish and manage Sustaining Hub consolidating all the sustaining activities in the structured way in order to set the priority. This will be translated into war room and used as a collaboration tools as well within the team.
- Establish a consistent mechanism and infrastructure of working platform to the team in order to achieve the goal.
- Establish the business intellegence platform, manage and anlyze complex data (including production demand and built, cost, reliability rate, SKUs, etc.), and translate the data into business matrics measured in the real time using business intellegence tool.
- Providing better predictability and visibility in term of what are the obstecles of clear to build (CTB) from design perspective. Network of CMs and control over CTB underpinned by change managed integrated demand and build data and long lens scenario planning.
- Collaborate with internal team as well as different cross functional departments globally (RDD, category, Finance, Commercial, Operation, and Quality), although this role will mainly be based in Philippine.
- Core engineering processes e.g. Part Approval Process, Requirements Management, Engineering Change Management, Risk & Issue Management, change management, impact analysis, concessions and implementation strategies
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent
- Proven experience in technical and personal credibility to work effectively in cross-functional design teams
- Proven experience managing skills from goal setting, plan, managing, delivering measure the progress and result against the goal setting.
- Build and establish the people, processes and infrastructure to support the team.
- Data Science, Business Intelligence Tools, such as SharePoint 365, Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.
- Knowledge in the product cost element, Value Analysis & Value Engineering
- Proven experience in various tooling and manufacturing techniques.
- Manage and prioritise our engineering resources to deliver maximum value.
- Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses.
- Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career.
- Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
- A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering.
- At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit.
- It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.