- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Programme Manager to join Dyson’s New Product Development (NPD) team, working within our fast growing, revolutionary Hair Care Category. Within this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in leading the end-to-end delivery of Dyson projects, having frequent exposure to Senior Business Stakeholders and be an influencing figure within the Hair Care Category.
The Programme Manager will be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of a range of large, complex, innovative Hair Care products, supporting an exciting new Hair Care sub-category. This will involve the recruitment and development of a Project Management (PM) team and leading the team to deliver to our challenging timelines. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Providing coaching, support and direction to the PM team within the UK; ensuring focus and clarity of vision is maintained.
- Orchestrate the project pipeline strategy, to manage the incoming projects into a robust structure, that gives the Hair Care Category, the best opportunity for successful launch.
- Managing resource at a Programme level but also supporting the PM team with resource management scenario planning.
- Ensuring the communications structure from the working level teams to the senior leadership are robust, to enable efficient issue escalation and problem resolution,
- Provide direction to the teams’, including third parties (development partners/supply base) and communicate the escalation of risks and issues, effectively, to senior stakeholders.
- Provide support to the PM team during Milestone Reviews, ensuring the Hair Care Category are represented to a high standard.
- Resolve conflicts and lead in developing solutions.
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues tracking.
- Promote Project Management principles and best practices in all aspects of work and act as mentor to other team members where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
- A level of formal Project management training / qualifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project.
- 7+ years working experience, within an engineering / product development environment, with a demonstrable knowledge of the product lifecycle.
- A demonstrable experience in project managing and providing leadership to third parties, development partners and suppliers.
- Experienced in managing and leading Projects from their conception to launch, with a broad understanding of Project Management Principles (i.e. risk, resource, budget management, etc.).
- Experienced in situational leadership and a proven capability to influence others.
- Adaptable and resilient in the face of challenging situations.
- Strong communicator; able to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence.
- Driven, passionate and confident in interacting with senior stakeholders.
- Assertive in pressing teams to deliver to their commitments, with a focus on the bigger picture.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering principles in order to work with design teams.
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced and ambiguous environment where priorities shift, to enable disrupting technologies.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and self-motivated.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits programme with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- On-site gym
- Electrical vehicle lease scheme options
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.