- Data Analysis
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different. Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
Our EMEA region is diverse, fast-changing, and an exciting place to work. Spanning from MEA and our emerging markets, to the UK, France and Germany where Dyson have been established for over two decades, this region is at the heart of Dyson's history, and an engine for it's growth. As a region, we have offices in 16 countries and operations in more than 25. Our market teams are responsible for taking Group strategy, applying their local expertise and experience, and delivering world-class products and service to our owners. From digital to supply chain, marketing to finance, the EMEA teams work together to learn from each other’s' strengths, share successes, and constantly reinvent and transform Dyson's presence on their countries.
As a Transformation and Business Development Team we are responsible for delivering key projects and workflows across the region that enable the business to achieve it’s commercial objectives in the current year and lay the foundations for the years to come. Dyson is a rapidly growing matrix led business - it is the role of the Transformation Team to clarify scope and align to commercial objectives, bring teams together, call out dependencies and requirements and push forward future operating models. The scope of work covers all commercial teams and central operational teams including IT, Supply Chain and Customer Services.
About the role
The role of the Business Improvement Analyst is to support the Project Change Manager on key programmes and projects. Where required an experienced BIA will manage a small change end to end
- The Business change analyst is responsible for analysing business processes & determine the impacts of the change (technically and operationally) and support the Project Change Manager in managing the change impact back into the business e.g. impacts to people, operational, market ways of working and commercially
- They gather the change requirements, impact asses them & play them back to the business stakeholders
- Process map from an owner experience perspective, incorporating both technical flows and business process flows into 1 model
- Stakeholder management across EU markets, group functions and 3rd parties Collaborative working, taking business stakeholders at a team leader, manager and senior manager level on the journey of change, with support and guidance from the Project Change Manager
- Define training requirements, based on the ‘to be’ design, working with an existing training team to create the relevant materials
- Support the implementation plan and transition to BAU from project launch
- Proven experience in business process change and analysis.
- Experience across – Direct Retail, Digital, Customer Services, Operations, Warehousing and logistics
- The Dyson Business Improvement Analyst is a high calibre change analyst, recognised for their ability to analyse business processes, determine the impacts of the change (technically and operationally) and support the Project Change Manager in managing the change impact back into the business e.g. impacts to people, operational, market ways of working and commercially.
- Ability to work alone and have a proven track record in delivery of end to end process analysis (requirements, as is analysis, development of ‘to be’ state, impact assessment, impact management.)
- You’re a skilled process improvement professional and have various experiences in different process mapping frameworks skills, combined with root cause analysis capabilities.
- Experience facilitating workshops
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Stakeholder management and communication skills
- Be able to think holistically and analytically and know when to take which approach.
- Commercially aware.
- Understanding of Agile and/ or prince 2 methodologies (Sprint vs waterfall approaches).
- Business process analysis.
- Microsoft packages intermediate + (Excel, Word, PPT, Visio).
- Process focus and detail orientated without losing bigger picture.
- Bilingual (EU countries advantageous)
Please note travel around the EU will be a part of this role
- 27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays.
- Life assurance.
- Performance related bonus.
- Pension scheme.
- Dyson machine discount.
- Sports centre.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.