- Operational Engineering
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring even more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We are growing fast, and our ambition is boundless – more products, more locations, and more people.
A key member in this new Prototype Programme & Project Management Team, the successful incumbent will effectively co-ordinate the prototyping demands and management of the X-Projects PTR planning inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising. He/she will also define the X-Projects governance and monitor operating mechanisms to comply with rapid prototypes production processes.
About the role
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of consistent and efficient projects/programmes from initiation through completion.
- Contribute to project management, communicating risks and issues internally and externally where applicable.
- Provide such information in a timely manner and agreed format to the other groups of the Team as applicable. Contribute and participate to the Team’s internal reviews processes, when required.
- Mentor Team members that require development.
- Own/contribute to Team/department level initiatives & change projects.
- Contribute to team input on relevant standards or update work as applicable within their specialism.
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of resolutions to problems using prescribed guidelines and procedures with a good knowledge of own discipline and/or supporting the execution of small to medium, low complex projects.
- Receive moderate level of guidance and supervision (25%), work toward assigned plans and executes their own work to the highest standards and in timely fashion.
- Candidate must possess at least higher diploma or a bachelor’s degree in mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering or any related discipline.
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of working experiences in general R&D product development and manufacturing processes intensive roles.
- Knowledge and understanding of prototyping and technical standards principles will be an added advantage.
- Basic understanding of the prototyping requirements for the main Dyson categories.
- Good time management skills on individual tasks and ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate with work of others.
- Ability to gather information & analyse for problem solving with a systematic and logical approach. This will often be for issues with no precedent.
- Resolve problems effectively while managing stakeholders’ expectations.
- Ability to provide independent opinions/viewpoints to a problem with analysis to enable decisions in technical direction within the specialist areas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.