- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
About the Role
- Support the Global Project Controls to maintain a consistent and efficient suite of projects controls across the region.
- Support the Global Project Controls to maintain a consistent and efficient suite of programme controls across the region.
- Support the Global Project Controls to use and maintain data management systems and technology platforms to enable efficient and effective planning, management and reporting of the capital programme.
- Support the regional business to prioritise and plan development and execution of projects and programmes of work.
- Support continuous improvement of project and programme performance through a framework of data driven insights captured across the regional team and supply chain.
- Provide timely and accurate reports to the Global Project Controls to enable decision making and mitigate under performance and risk.
- Align delivery approaches across regional project teams, consultants and supply chain using the centrally developed capital management and project delivery frameworks.
- Support the Regional Programme Lead to identify and manage key regional stakeholders by consistently informing them of any issues and risks that may impact the delivery of an individual project and therefore the programme.
- Identify and manage regional risks and issues across the programme identifying mitigation strategies to minimise cost
- Capacity Planning - Monitor regional programme team capacity across the end-to-end programme lifecycle to avoid peaks in delivery
Measures of Performance
Maintain single source programme and commercial data for the region and produce reporting to enable efficient and accurate decision making.
Driving consistency in process relating to planning and management of the capital project planning and execution across the region.
Provide data driven insights to realise project delivery, quality, health and safety, risk and value improvements and capital efficiency targets, including schedule and commercial benefits year on year across the region.
- Experience with capital project and programme controls
- Management, Governance and Assurance Frameworks
- Experience at Project Coordinator / Programme Assurance level
- Suitable PMO experience
- Awareness of Change Management
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Strong people and communication skills
- Systems thinking - identifying links, dependencies and gaps
- Being able to influence at senior levels but also to work operationally within the projects
- Knowing business critical drivers and as a result be able to resolve competing interests
- Stakeholder Management - Identify where major stakeholders 'stand' and then know when, and how, to approach each one
- Ability to translate project information into accurate sound bites for senior stakeholders
- An ability to move between big picture thinking and specific issues identification
- An ability to escalate quickly, but in a considered way, providing the audience with a background on each issue and recommendation
Relevant project controls experience of comparable scale and complexity
Relevant experience coordinating complex projects and programmes of comparable scale and complexity across a dispersed region.
Demonstrable success in leading project teams of comparable scale and complexity
Relevant experience (5+ years) working in PMOs/Project Controls roles
Professional qualification to demonstrate suitability for role
Demonstrated success of working within project teams in the planning, development and execution of a pipeline of capital works within a live operational environment
Experience of working within project teams to achieve the planned benefits and business objectives
Experience in successfully collaborating with multiple stakeholders both internally in a matrix structure as well as externally, including joint venture partners
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.