- Project and Programme Management
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Stores across the country.
The Center of Excellence (COE), Americas is multi-disciplinary regional extension of Group (HQ) Commercial team, built to support Market-driven needs within the realm of Group-led strategies. The team increases global capability, informs strategic decisions leveraging local insights, cascades Global best practices and executes bespoke and localized Market campaigns and experiences. The COE includes Insights, Creative, Digital, Delivery, Retail Experience, and Strategic Planning which is the function responsible for the creative and social strategy, development of briefs and partnership with the Markets in developing marketing strategies and creative execution within the region. The Americas is comprised of 3 markets – US, Canada and Mexico – with South American expansion on the horizon.
The goal of the Center of Excellence is to provide in-region support to our markets, acting as connectors to our global teams in the UK, and drive excellence across all our marketing and retail communications assets.
About the Role:
As a Project Manager on the Americas COE, you will be responsible for the project management and delivery of all advertising projects and assets within the Americas Center of Excellence (CoE). You will work closely with all functions within Marketing, primarily partnering with strategy, category teams (client), creatives and production to ensure we are moving projects toward delivery with the appropriate levels of governance at all phases from brief to delivery to asset management.
- Collaborate with the strategist and the owners of the brief to understand the full picture of the project and the deliverables required – need to have an understanding of the briefing process and the ability to examine and question each request to ensure clarity.
- Define the scope of the project, manage resourcing within the team and highlight needs to increase resourcing when needed.
- Understand the asks and help determine value of projects and prioritization of what is most critical to work on.
- Manage changes in scope and understand the implications of them, communicate to the cross-functional teams, and escalate where necessary.
- Lead status meetings with categories, content teams as well as Dyson HQ, includes updating reporting documents.
- Work closely with creative teams to ensure they have a full picture of the projects upon briefing, and manage the progress of the creative development.
- Own the completion of campaign kits, with strategy and creative support, and copy matrices used for market-share out.
- Partner with Producer to detail a clear scope of work pre-production, and assist throughout production, including:
- Project management of pre- and post-production
- Management of digital display with our digital production partner
- Upload all final assets to asset management system
- Supplier management
- Always looking to optimize brief intake and process, learning from what works and be willing to flex and drive change.
- You will be the key point of contact for Group (Dyson HQ) and Hogarth (our transcreation, digital production and asset management partner).
- Roll-out new resourcing and project management tools defined by Group, and work with regional team to ensure adoption and use.
- 5-10 years of advertising, marketing or creative agency project management experience
- Working within organizations that have an integrated approach to marketing – not a singular channel focus
- Working with partner agencies
- Working with multiple countries/languages a plus
- Organized and action-oriented, able to develop project plans and project manage from kick-off to delivery
- Ability to develop scope of work and manage deliverables/asset lists
- Flexible enough to manage projects in an environment that can be ambiguous and/or rapidly growing and changing
- Able to scope large pieces of work, leading the process of breaking down amorphous problems into deliverable solutions
- Thinks 5-steps ahead – figures out the implications of today’s actions to plan for tomorrow
- Relationship management - comfortable making connections with the cross-functional teams – insights, category, strategy, creative, Group, other COEs
- Roll up your sleeves mentality – willing to challenge yourself to navigate through challenges and solve problems in one minute, and get down into the weeds the next
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Teams and Excel, expert level is a plus!
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.