- The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
With the newly awarded New Degree Awarding Powers, you will also have the unique opportunity to define and deliver change management projects that will contribute to a Higher Education Institute like no other.
About the roleAs a Project Manager, you’ll support The Dyson Institute in managing and delivering key strategic people-centric projects to transform the organisation into an independent provider of Higher Education.
This role will support and enable functional teams in planning and meeting their objectives, whilst also understanding and raising awareness of the inter-dependencies across the different team objectives. Responsibilities include:
- Define requirements and set project scope using feedback from staff, students and senior leaders of the organisation.
- Develop and maintain a management plan for projects; leading and motivating the project delivery team.
- Identity and mitigate cost, time and specification risks through use of project risk registers and communications.
- Ensure project delivery timelines are aligned with longer-term strategic roadmaps.
- Provide a pragmatic approach to organisational change projects, using knowledge of best practice and negotiating with stakeholders to achieve the best possible outcome for the Dyson Institute
- Establish Key Performance metrics to assess progress against delivery
- Generate project documentation for communication of progress to the wider Dyson Institute team
- Provide insight to the Dyson Institute senior leadership to make well-informed strategic decisions, through the timely communication of progress and risks
- Work with our Operations team to establish processes of handover into business as usual
- You’ll be used to working with cross functional teams at all levels of an organisation and a proven track record in influencing senior stakeholders to a successful project outcome.
- You’ll have experience of delivering projects within time and budget across a multidisciplinary team.
- You’ll have some relevant experience working within a change management setting, or a proven track record in delivering organisational change against a regulatory framework.
- A Project management qualification and being adept at using Microsoft Project to track and monitor progress against plans is also an advantage.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.