- Project Management
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Dyson is a design and innovation led company, whilst equally valuing project schedule adherence and budget adherence.
About the roleKey responsibilities:
- Co-lead with the project Design Manager, the project team spanning multiple international locations, towards delivering the project success criteria, from inception to product launch.
- Work closely with all teams but specifically the three core engineering disciplines of SW, HW and Mechanical to form and maintain an integrated schedule
- Apply core PM capability to identify interdependencies between functional work packages and facilitate collaborative working between functional teams.
- Apply core PM capability to be the initiator and custodian of integrated schedule, risk, and change management to the project success criteria.
- Take an active, hands-on role to support the identification and resolution of risks to project success criteria.
- Coordinate and own project communications and reporting.
- Engage and inform key stakeholders outside of the project team in pursuit of the project success criteria.
- Identify and articulate any conflict between the project success criteria.
- Adherence to Project Management governance of the project.
- Ability to apply project management capability in purposeful, flexible and innovative ways in response to a dynamic delivery environment.
- Hold, or demonstrate an understanding of, formal project management qualifications (such as APMP) or Project Management degree. Qualified or near qualified applicants preferred.
- Candidate must possess a degree in Engineering or Science, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- 3 years' experience of managing technical or manufacturing projects end to end.
- Candidates with project Life Cycle Management experience preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, notably Microsoft Project.
- Candidates with exposure to procurement, supply chain, build planning and marketing & sales preferred.
- Experience of managing people, mentoring, developing and coaching.
- Experience of line management responsibility is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence others.
- Strong communicator; ability to listen, and convey multi-layered and facetted issues concisely and accurately.
- To be able to think around problems presenting options and push others to do the same
- Excellent analytical skills; the ability to assess problems thoroughly and drive for evidenced conclusions and close the loop of action taking.
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. leadership, senior stakeholder management and communication, risk management, issue resolution, budget tracking, benefits analysis, estimating and planning etc).
- Energy, enthusiasm, curiosity, common sense, self-starter, perseverance.
- Confident; comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels without diluting unfavourable news.
- Assertive; readiness to articulate and communicate appropriately towards issue resolution as required.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the product development life cycle.
- Focus: The ability to multi-task and direct self effectively in a fast-paced and often high-pressure environment.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.