- Project and Programme Management
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast andour ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do.
Our IT team provides modern solutions that help to remove complexity and drive efficiency as our business changes and grows. The way we function is constantly evolving and becoming more digital, with an ever-increasing number of new platforms and tools available.
About the role
The Dyson Project Manager is a high calibre project delivery professional that is recognised for their leadership, problem solving and consistent excellence in project delivery. They manage small to medium complexity projects and uphold the highest standards of project management methodology including regular and effective communication with key stakeholders, governance, change management and thorough risk management. They are accountable for leading and managing all aspects of the project (both business and technical) required to deliver the business outcome. Dyson is looking for both Agile (DSDM or similar) and Waterfall (PRINCE2) Project Managers; the ideal candidate with have the agility to practice both depending on the project.
Key accountabilities are:
- Project management and delivery
- Ensures their projects are structured, well planned and executed.
- Creates exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure (as it relates to wider IT Roadmap governance)
- Uphold the IT project management methodology and look for improvements to discuss with the Programme Manager.
- Work with Programme Manager to manage the key interdependencies within the IT roadmap, BAU releases and those external to IT.
- Manage changes in project scope, costs, resources and timing within the framework of agreed governance and change control processes.
- Diligent risk management with close management of effective mitigations, escalating risks and issues in project governance where necessary.
- Work with Programme Manager and Head of Programme Management to negotiate robust and cost-effective contracts with applicable vendors.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure ongoing cost effective and high quality delivery during project execution.
- Produce project status/highlight reports
- Manage stage gates with a focus on continued business justification
- Budget and financials
- Creates detailed and accurate budgets for review and approval by the Programme Manager and business sponsor.
- Manage the approval of Capex budget for projects and report monthly estimates to Programme Manager and Head of Programme Management.
- Team leadership
- Take personal accountability for quality and accuracy of project management performance and deliverables.
Key skills required:
- Good knowledge of programme and project management methods including either PMI / Agile PM and / or PRINCE2.
- Good working knowledge of Confluence / Jira, MS Teams.
- Robust risk management.
Key experience required:
- At least 5 years’ experience of IT project management, ideally gained in consultancy or client side in large and complex organisations with a proven record in delivery.
- Experience of successfully leading large multi-disciplinary project teams, potentially across multiple organisations and locations.
- Knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies.
- Experience of delivering medium sized projects with budgets in excess of £250k.
- Business change management and communication planning.
- Ability to lead an engagement with a client.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Good business sense, with business and/or functional knowledge.
- Be able to think holistically and analytically and know when to take which approach.
- Capable of visualising a problem context/situation, developing a number of resolution options and thinking them through from concept to implementation.
- Experience delivering projects in the SAP Enterprise environment (S4 Hana & supporting SAP modules)
- Industrial experience/appreciate of Product Lifecycle (Product Development, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Logistics)
- Formal Project Manager certification: PMI/PMP, PRINCE 2, Agile
- Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation.
- Experience working with 3rd party and/or offshore teams
- Experience of value tender / vendor selections.
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing skills, ability to communicate complex ideas simply at all levels of the organisation.
- Process focus and detail orientated without losing bigger picture.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Team player, open, honest and responsible.
- Comfortable dealing with external suppliers in complex high-pressured commercial arrangements.
- Quick learner, willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Ability to deliver and sense of humour under pressure
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.