- Project and Programme Management
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Project Manager to join Dyson’s New Product Development (NPD) team, working within our fast growing, revolutionary Hair Care Category.
Within this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in managing the end-to-end delivery of Dyson projects, having frequent exposure to stakeholders at varying levels of the business, alongside talented cross-discipline team members and leaders.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the robust delivery of a range of innovative Hair Care products, primarily from the development stages, through to the Project transfers to our SEA based teams, as well as beyond, into the industrialisation phases of the projects. Some of the key responsibilities include…
- Developing the robust, integrated planning of the HC product timelines, with cross-team inputs, buy-in and delivery commitment, ensuring this is maintained throughout the project timeline.
- Management of the Milestone deliverables, ensuring the cross-teams are engaged, focused and delivering to the project requirements, aligned to Dyson business processes.
- Managing the project budgets with the Project Leadership Team, ensuring business cases are robustly maintained.
- Facilitating regular “drumbeat” sessions, to ensure clarity in project objectives and direction, as well as addressing any barriers to execution, at source.
- Conflict resolution, with a capability to develop solutions and manage appropriate escalation.
- Manage resource allocation activities against project schedules.
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost.
- Maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues tracking.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
- A level of formal Project management training / qualifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project
- 3+ years working experience, within an engineering / product development environment, with a demonstrable knowledge of the product lifecycle.
- Experienced in managing Projects from their conception to launch, with a broad understanding of Project Management Principles (i.e. risk, resource, budget management, etc.).
- Adaptable and resilient in the face of challenging situations.
- Strong communicator; able to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence.
- Driven, passionate and confident in interacting with senior stakeholders.
- Assertive in pressing teams to deliver to their commitments, with a focus on the bigger picture.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering principles in order to work with design teams.
- Ability to multi-task and in a high paced and ambiguous environment where priorities shifted fast.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, self-motivated thrives in a dynamic environment.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- ,Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.