- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
About the role
We are looking for Project Managers and Lead Project Manager to support the upstream (New Product Innovation & Research) projects..
You'll required to orchestrate some of our Upstream projects and support our future range plans. This role will be instrumental to ensure projects are delivered on time; meet technical specification and are within budget.
- Manage category projects utilising the appropriate systems, processes and resources to facilitate an optimal delivery. This will include identifying, managing and mitigating the projects risk and issues, and agreeing accountabilities and responsibilities with the wider project team
- Coordinate and communicate project scope, identify dependencies and understand the critical path to secure timely project delivery
- Identify and manage stakeholders, resolve conflicts, empower and inspire teams
- Manage progress, analyse, collate & report project status and data from a cost, time, spec perspective
- Participate in the control of the Category budget and define and manage the project cost
- Define, assess and track the impact of change requests
- Create resource plans to determine demand and manage project resource allocation
- Capture lessons learned and drive continuous improvement initiatives and development of PM capability
- Promote Project Management principles and best practices in all aspects of work
- Work independently, with some guidance
- A Degree qualification (engineering discipline preferable) or equivalent
- Experience delivering projects in an engineering or early stage environment
- Good understanding of Agile project management methodologies
- In depth knowledge of Project Management fundamentals
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with proven ability to manage and deliver complex tasks in a fast moving and dynamic environment
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Analytical mind-set, attention to detail and ability to challenge assumptions and convention
- Self-motivated and able to resolve conflict, inspire teams, mentor peers
- In depth understanding and application of business processes, project governance methods and operational/development framework
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- On-site parking
- Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Free on-site hair salon
- On-site lifestyle Assist
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
- On-site gym and sports centre
- On-site wellbeing centre
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.