- Operational Engineering
- Singapore - Technology Centre
The team is responsible to carry out the rapid prototyping operations to produce the prototype parts required for technology research and products to meet project time plan.
About the role
This is an In-Laboratory position, and this role is responsible to carry out the assigned Additive Manufacturing Operation with the latest Rapid Prototyping Technology to produce the prototype parts that required for technology research and products to meet project time plan.
The Core AM Operations and RP Technologies are:
1. Selective Laser Sintering (SLS),
2. Stereolithography (SLA) and
3. Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM)
Received moderate level of guidance and supervision where required, work toward assigned plans and executes their own work to the highest standards and in timely fashion.
Follow existing practices / procedures in executing the role. The overall core activities are: -
- Preparing and setting up all RP systems and equipment,
- Preparing and fixing STL files,
- Cleaning and maintenance of RP Systems and Equipment,
- Carry out the Post Processing of RP builds.
- Carry out the daily maintenance check list and ensure all equipment in the Lab are in good working condition.
Primary role duties
- Responsible to support and carry out in-house rapid prototyping activities – Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), Stereo lithography (SLA), Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM), Object 3D printing and laser cutting operation to meet project time plan.
- Responsible to carry out duties and follow the delivery schedule in timely manner, professional manner, to the highest quality standards, adhering to required processes and procedures.
Secondary/additional role duties
- Responsible to ensure the qualities of work are in good condition and within required specification.
- Quality Checking SOP - carry out sampling check for each build to ensure quality of prototypes are within the required RP system tolerance.
- Carry out the machines/equipment preventive maintenance schedule / plan.
- Carry out inventory control and Schedule Waste Maintenance.
- Candidate must possess at least diploma or higher diploma in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering or any related discipline.
- Minimum 1 - 2 years of working experiences in machining centre, manufacturing industry or any other manufacturing environment.
- Basic working experience in advanced and prototype engineering will be added advantage.
- Basic Knowledge and experience in 3D CADCAM modelling, understanding mechanical drawings and measuring technique of engineering parameters will be an added advantage.
- Good hand and eye coordination required to perform detailed work.
- The ability to work safely around chemicals and equipment.
- Basic understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job.
- No allergies related to dust, solvents or paints.
- Normal colour vision and good eye coordination to perform detailed work.
- No chest complaints.
Specific technical qualifications/exposure
- Minimum 1- 2 years of working experiences in AM&RP (Preferable).
- Basic working knowledge of core discipline
- Basic knowledge of AM & RP 3D Printing Systems and Operations, RP CAD software tools, SLICE Programming (where relevant) for AM & RP.
Behaviours necessary for success
- Good time management skills on individual tasks and when coordinating work with other.
- Hands on practical skills and a good understanding of team-specific activities
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.