- Science and Research
- Malaysia - Development Centre
This position sits within the Measurement & Analysis Capability (MAC) Group, part of Dyson’s world class Research, Design and Development (RDD) department. We enhance the development of new technologies across all Dyson product categories by practicing a blend of software, mechanical and electrical/electronic expertise to innovate full-stack platforms or tools for data acquisition, data analysis or research that is used by Dyson engineers globally.
We regularly use Raspberry Pis, Arduinos, and National Instruments hardware. We write software in Python, LabVIEW, and C; we design mechanical components and fixtures; we design custom PCBAs; and sometimes work with external suppliers to deliver measurement and analysis capabilities.
The MAC Group also engages in the development of cutting edge multi-disciplinary product technologies like the dust detection feature in our V15 vacuum, where our inter-disciplinary skillset helps to bring an idea to fruition.
About the role
- Deliver measurement and analysis capabilities that meet specifications and requirements independently with minimal supervision
- Apply multi-disciplinary expertise to proactively generate ideas, solve problems and offer solutions to technical challenges on a day-to-day basis
- Lead or collaborate with engineers and specialists from a wide variety of technical disciplines to deliver objectives
- Liaise with external suppliers to define and deliver objectives
- Identify risks before they arise and suggest monitoring and mitigation plans
- Communicate and document progress or technical information in verbal and written forms
- Contribute to the advancement of the team/department by improving existing capabilities and methods or develop new ones
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- A strong bachelor degree/master’s degree/PhD in a relevant technical discipline (computer science, data science, electrical/electronics, mechanical, mechatronics engineering, etc.)
- Minimally 2 years of experience in developing automation, data acquisition, and/or data analytics applications in Python
- Applied knowledge in software architecture and design concepts
- Applied knowledge in source control and CI/CD practices
- Familiarity with using cloud computing, IoT platforms and fleet management tools like Google Cloud Platform, InfluxDB, Balena and Docker
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
You could be a good fit for our team if you are:
- Passionate about problem solving and good design
- Always challenging the status quo, coming up with solutions to difficult problems
- Constantly tinkering and investigating new technologies as a hobby
- Curious, eager to learn, and unafraid to venture into the unknown
- Highly driven, enjoy challenges and strive to get the best results
Owing to the wide range of applied skillsets in our team, the following skillsets would be advantageous but not required:
- Familiarity with data acquisition and signal processing techniques
- Applied knowledge in designing electrical systems, electronic circuit and PCBAs
- Applied knowledge in the mechanical design of test and measurement systems consisting of metallic and plastic components
- Familiarity with machining, injection moulding, and rapid prototyping processes
- Familiarity with agile practices and Atlassian tools
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering concepts and tools
- Experience in the selection and application of measurement instruments and sensors (optical, inductive, ultrasonic etc.)
- Experience in the selection and application of actuators and motion control hardware (VFDs, servo and stepper motors, linear actuators, etc.)
- Experience and/or knowledge of control systems
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.