- Quality and Reliability
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the role
- Responsible for leading day-to-day quality control in production ensuring that production quality metrics are met.
- Responsible for inspecting and testing the materials and products before, during and after production to measure the characteristics of materials and ensure they conform to DYSON specifications.
- Focus on Quality Inspector training, Outgoing Quality controls and defect prevention.
- Responsible in Quality tools /equipment setup (e. g. Granite, Viscometer, Smart scope, DMM, etc.)
- Manage/escalate quality issues arise during In Process and Outgoing Quality Control inspection.
- Identify issues / corrective actions on a real-time basis
- Support daily, weekly and monthly quality testing, inspections and procedures.
- Initiate corrective actions to have final products with required specifications.
- Update and maintain all documentation for auditing purposes and collect samples for shelf life and laboratory analysis.
- Report to QC Engineer or Quality Manager specific information related to product information from RDD, Engineering or production.
- Conduct quality calibrations, internal audits and project assignments in timely, safe and professional manner.
- Report results, issues and roadblocks to Quality Engineer or Quality Manager.
- Report to QC Engineer or Quality Manager of unusual product observations and analytical results while analyzing or sample handling.
- Diploma in Engineering (Physics / Materials) or Quality Management with at least 3 years of working experience in a similar role.
- Experience with assembly, test and inspection and/or quality control
- Experience in handling quality equipment / tools/ jigs
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Experience with continuous improvement / lean programs is beneficial but not required
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task and able to lead Quality Inspectors.
- Good analytical and technical skills.
- Strong understanding of quality control standards and testing techniques.
- Certification in quality control is preferred.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.