- The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Dyson Institute’s mission is simple: to build challenging and enriching educational experiences which are free, student-centric and aligned with the needs of industry.
Our model is unique: we’re currently delivering one programme – a BEng (Hons) Degree Apprenticeship in Engineering. The programme is delivered entirely on the Dyson campus in Malmesbury. Students do not pay fees and are paid a salary. We’re determined to embrace best practice for quality in learning and teaching, to provide proactive, tailored health and wellbeing support and to rigorously uphold academic standards. We are pioneers developing a non-traditional programme of engineering knowledge, professional workplace application and personal leadership development.
As an independent provider of higher education, The Dyson Institute will offer a student-centric education and experience, with high standards across every aspect of its provision. To help us do this, we’re building the capability of our Regulatory Affairs team, ensuring that we can effectively monitor our compliance with registration requirements, meet the NDAPs criteria and uphold the core practices of the UK Quality Code for Higher Education.
About the roleThe Quality Assurance and Student Engagement Officer will play a key role in implementing – and enhancing – quality processes at The Dyson Institute. Effective student engagement is central to our institutional approach to quality and standards, and responsibility for student engagement is a key component of this role.
- To operationalise the Institute’s academic quality processes including: programme approval/review, external examiner framework, minor/major modifications and ongoing self-evaluation.
- To maintain strong working relationships with elected student representatives through supporting the Undergraduate Experience Committee and Student-Staff Liaison Committee, ensuring the student voice is utilised in partnership in Institute decision making.
- To ensure all practice within the Institute’s programme delivery is compliant with the QAA Quality Code and that records are maintained which provide the required demonstrable evidence of compliance.
- To be the secretary to appropriate panels as appointed by the Regulatory Affairs Manager, and to deputise as secretary to Academic Board when required.
Quality Assurance and Enhancement
- Be the first point of contact for Institute staff regarding quality assurance processes and supporting their deployment, including: programme approval and modifications.
- Maintain a risk register for the QAA Quality Code and the necessary supporting evidence to demonstrate the Institute’s adherence to it.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the Institute’s academic policies by gathering evidence and feedback from utilisation and preparing reports to be presented to Academic Board or SLT.
- Work closely with the Academic Team to support their delivery of the programme and compliance with Institute policies.
- Lead on the relationship with the Undergraduate Experience Committee through regular meetings and dialogue. Through this relationship you will be able to support them in their goals for the year, whilst also utilising student representatives for other Institute matters.
- Work with the Head Academic Representative on the Student-Staff Liaison Committee to ensure its effective operation, including engagement with staff from both WMG and Dyson Institute.
- Support the Undergraduate Experience Committee election process by advising prospective candidates, collecting manifestos and running the voting system.
- Organise the running of all student voice campaigns including Speak Week, the Student Annual Survey, National Student Survey; and undertake analysis of all results in order to make recommendations for enhancement of the programme and student experience.
About youIn this role, collaboration is key. You’ll be working constructively with stakeholders from across The Dyson Institute in order to create a culture of quality and engender a partnership approach to student engagement.
- Knowledge of institutional and national level practices relating to quality assurance within an HE setting.
- Background in student representation, either as part of a Students’ Union or University/College, with experience in academic and educational matters.
- Experience of undertaking administrative duties including taking minutes of meetings, keeping accurate files and writing reports.
- Passion for championing the student voice and developing student engagement to contribute to programme enhancement.
- Ability to form relationships with internal stakeholders at different levels of seniority.
- Experience of budget management.
- Experience of event management and organisation such as away days, conferences or training sessions.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.