- Design and Development
- Malaysia - Development Centre
The Lead Quality Engineer is a key role within the Quality and Sustainability team. Reporting to the Senior Quality Manager, this role is responsible for ensuring the Dyson Quality Standards are achieved in the Contract Manufacturer base in Malaysia.
About the role
The role includes identifying, managing and developing Contract Manufacturer (CM) by establishing alignment between Dyson requirements, supplier processes and capabilities and performance metrics. The role will be based in Malaysia (Johor Bahru) in our Malaysia Development Centre (MDC) and report to the Senior Quality Manager.
- Support new lines production readiness - ensure that the Ramp and Sustained Quality teams are delivering appropriate support for all new lines and production readiness is understood, monitored, progressed and communicated. This should include any rework lines. Responsible for signing off, internally, the CM control plans as being appropriate to producing all parts, assemblies and products to Dyson’s specifications.
- Quality Metrics – Create management summaries from all data collection points particularly focused on IQC, OQC and Dyson Out-of-Box-Audits (OBA), report performance daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly as agreed.
- Performance – Collate, summarize and communicate CM Quality performance through Quality Metrics data and audit results. Contribute to the Dyson Scorecard for business Reviews.
- Support corrective action process – monitor and assure all CM production RCCA (Root Cause and Corrective Actions) to timely conclusion.
- Production STOP – Line Down – Oversee RCCA ensuring that the right people at the right level are involved. Produce and communicate regular (hourly, daily or as defined/necessary) updates to Senior Quality Manager.
- Sub-Tier Supplier Quality – where issues occur due to poor incoming materials quality, ensure that the CM takes the lead and the relevant Dyson SQE (Supplier Quality Engineer) is involved.
- Lessons Learnt/Continuous Improvement – Establish gap and gap closure plans against Dyson agreed strategy for CM capabilities and performance. Coordinate the Quality team to review lessons learnt and support timely improvement against the Dyson strategy.
- Product Transfer – Coordination of Quality activities associated with product transfer. Oversee knowledge, data and know-how transfer with receiving Quality team.
- Market Rework – Support, assist and/or coordinate as required.
- Sustaining – Monitor and address product field failure rates and drive improvements back to development teams where needed. Support all Single Agenda for Quality (SAQ) activity.
- Candidate must possess a Degree or Diploma in Electronic / Motor / Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5 years' experience in an engineering/quality capacity in a project management and manufacturing environment
- Strong technical background in assembly line and Quality management
- Experienced practitioner of Quality tools and methodologies, such as: Critical to (safety, satisfaction, reliability), FMEAs, Statistical Process Control, Control Plans, 8D/CAPA, 6Sigma.
- Sound knowledge in ISO 9001/IATF 16949
- Demonstrate understanding and interpretation of engineering specifications for quality component or assembly sourcing.
- Issue Management - Able to successfully manage complex issues whilst under time and cost pressure, lead / coordinate cross-functional teams in delivering timely solutions
- Experience in working in an environment where specification and process are not always predetermined.
- Project management experience, not just leading but delivering technology projects into production with high levels of success.
- Analytical and data driven with an ability to generate a concise argument to support their views.
- Motivated by driving continuous improvement programs and application of Lessons Learnt mindset.
- Ability to lead and motivate others to achieve outstanding results.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills are critical to the success of this role.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and relentlessly drive continuous improvement.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-DYSON
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.