- Quality and Reliability
- Wiltshire, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Quality Manager is a key role within the Global Quality team. Reporting to the Category Head of Quality this role is responsible for leading and managing a team to ensure the highest standards of quality in our product designs, manufacturing output and owner experience in our Floorcare and Robot Categories. Central to this role is the ability to work across and influence our multi-functional teams in RDD & Operations and our contract manufacturers and suppliers.
- Be responsible for all Category product safety, reliability and satisfaction. Build expertise in these products, know the technology.
- Lead a team of specialist engineers and insight analysts to provide full support to the business across all aspects of product safety, reliability and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and execute Category Quality objectives to deliver our Global Quality blueprint.
- Set the long term Quality Plan and ensure regular quality performance reviews and relevant actions to support the continuous improvement of quality related KPIs.
- Lead all Quality team activities for the Category and represent Quality in cross functional team forums for new and existing projects.
- Ensure all project Quality Status Reviews are conducted in a timely and efficient manner; and that all quality deliverables and their associated risks are reported and acted upon.
- Maintain and report Quality status of category product range over the full product lifecycle, in particular during the early concept and design phases.
- Actively drive market and owner insight on our products’ performance, reliability and satisfaction back to our engineering development and test teams.
- Raise the profile and culture of quality throughout Dyson and our suppliers.
- Assess, manage and improve quality processes at Dyson and our suppliers.
- Alongside Market Quality teams develop and execute a strategy for the escalation of corrective actions for reliability and quality issues, including safety as a priority.
- Through the understanding of the product range strategy ensure that team development supports emerging technologies e.g. connectivity and the IoT.
- Educated to degree level in engineering or quality based disciplines
- Formal quality training - six sigma, ISO standards etc.
- Tableau or other analysis/reporting software skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate others to achieve outstanding results
- You must have extensive and demonstrable experience working on quality matters in a design engineering and mass manufacturing environment.
- Excellent Quality knowledge – PFMEA, Process Flows, Control Plans, 8D/CAPA, 6Sigma among others.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Excellent communication - you must be capable of communicating effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Extensive experience from managing global structures. Understanding of different cultures, networking approach & excellent ability to guide, coach and mentor others.
- Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to technology development with a business focus
- Able to work effectively under pressure & adaptable to dynamic changes.
- Demonstrated ability to take on challenges with a positive attitude.
- Firm and decisive with ability to react at shortest time possible in reaction to issues.
- Global Orientation; focus on big picture.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines