- Operational Engineering
- Singapore - Technology Centre
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world-class research, design and development (RDD) department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
About the role
- Troubleshoot and carry out basic maintenance work of lab equipment/machine.
- Supporting and managing the RDD Labs including 5S, housekeeping, and common tools inventory.
- Manage the storage condition and management system in R&D Lab & Storage Room
- Store housekeeping including hazardous goods and battery storage
- Support small scale prototype builds of new products
- Ensure that all consumables are sufficient for daily operations.
- Oversee the utilization of workbenches for engineering build & test activities.
- Conducting trial/test/analysis.
- Modification or rework of rigs and prototypes.
- Support internal/external ISO audit activities.
- Any other adhoc duties as and when assigned by superior.
- Minimum Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 2 years of experience managing a lab
- Practical experience and knowledge in a workshop/machining house or R&D mechanical development environment
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Strong organisation, planning & time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.